Few inputs for cleaning dimensioning

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Pravin_Bhatiya

Few inputs for cleaning dimensioning

Post by Pravin_Bhatiya »

HI, need some one help me with few changes in dimensions( might use some coding )
1. keeping some space between feature and dimension
2. snapping dimensions in one single line, creating jogs for dimensions arrows close,
3. breaking lines to avoid crossing dimension lines, unifying spacing between dimensions

and few more :?
Attachments
dim.png
dim.png (31 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
Last edited by Pravin_Bhatiya on Sun May 29, 2022 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: FEW INPUTS FOR CLEAN DIMENSIONING

Post by Kunda1 »

Please substitute ALLCAPS title with normal title.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
M4x
Veteran

Post by M4x »

I don't get what you'd like to see. Please attach some examples on how you'd like it to look like.

How much experience do you have with FreeCAD? Maybe the help section would be more appropriate: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewforum.php?f=3

And please have a look at IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help and provide your full FreeCAD information.

Thanks!
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

With a file it's better !

1) has been sugested before in the forum.
2) TechDraw_ExtensionCascadeHorizDimension ?

You can always modify the svg file with Inkscape.
Attachments
Dimensionning.FCStd
(8.13 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Pravin_Bhatiya

Re: Few inputs for cleaning dimensioning

Post by Pravin_Bhatiya »

hello,
1.thanks for your help me for 2 of my problems for equal spacing and Grouping dimensions
2. if you are suggesting to edit .svg for breaks in extension line and spacing between dimension and feature, it is to much work and repetitive work in next revisions of same drawing
Pravin_Bhatiya

Post by Pravin_Bhatiya »

M4x wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:47 pm I don't get what you'd like to see. Please attach some examples on how you'd like it to look like.

How much experience do you have with FreeCAD? Maybe the help section would be more appropriate: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewforum.php?f=3

And please have a look at IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help and provide your full FreeCAD information.

Thanks!
hope this is what you asked to post

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.14555 (Git shallow)
Build type: Release
Branch: (HEAD detached at 0.19.3)
Hash: 6530e364184ce05ccff39501e175cf2237e6ee4b
Python version: 3.9.9
Qt version: 5.15.3
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/India (en_IN)

i am using FreeCAD for a year now, sometimes it is difficult to find some answers in help section,

I'm asking is there any way we can include these points stated in "ASME Y14.5" standard and many more things
Attachments
b.png
b.png (58.78 KiB) Viewed 932 times
c.png
c.png (5.48 KiB) Viewed 932 times
M4x
Veteran

Post by M4x »

I See, I'm not familiar with the American regulations. One of the active TD devs have to say something reguarding your wishes. I guess we'd need a way to switch between different regulations / styles.

Before making feature requests, you should always try the latest development version. Which is 0.20 at the time of writing.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Kunda1 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:32 pm Please substitute ALLCAPS title with normal title.
Bump
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Pravin_Bhatiya

Post by Pravin_Bhatiya »

Kunda1 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:25 am
Kunda1 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:32 pm Please substitute ALLCAPS title with normal title.
Bump
sorry it took time
Pravin_Bhatiya

Post by Pravin_Bhatiya »

M4x wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:56 am I See, I'm not familiar with the American regulations. One of the active TD devs have to say something reguarding your wishes. I guess we'd need a way to switch between different regulations / styles.

Before making feature requests, you should always try the latest development version. Which is 0.20 at the time of writing.
actually most of the standards have Similar approach just few things here and there, these things should be included in editing (right click) for extension lines