Product design tutorials - Library

A place to share learning material: written tutorials, videos, etc.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
AndarionCG

Re: Product design tutorials - Library

Post by AndarionCG »

@triplus Thank you!

@chrisb Thanks! It is a bit complicated, at this time, for me to create a topic i'm planning along with this one, about the issues a had when i modeled these products. This is mostly the reason why am i delaying it, it won't be tutorial realted, and i need the base, or technical material to explain all there is to.
The way i'm using tools, it's a bit on a free hand, in other words. Topology is quite a problem, sometimes i repeat one procedure serveral times, all in different ways and approaches, and same topology problem occurs. So i do step by step, or element by element, to alow myself to think more steps ahead.
Another reason why i'm adding elements, or features, sepparately is that, in most cases, i have to think as a designer, i check results from time to time, and if it is required i remove some or add other parts, before i remodel the whole product, in the way freecad can handle it better. I'm not sure if i can speak in the name of most designers, but, in many cases, designer can't think about why the certain thing is developed in that specific way, he's rather interested in a job being done. But, on the other hand, developer needs workflow he used, or experience he had.
I'll talk more about this stuff over time, or start a new topic once i have enough examples.
Last edited by AndarionCG on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndarionCG

Post by AndarionCG »

Two more videos

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
thschrader
Veteran

Post by thschrader »

Hi AndarionCG,
thanks for your nice tutorials and the huge amount of work you are putting in.
At the moment, I am looking your wheel-rim video on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv_JxKv4n-0

I try to redesign it with FC0.17. My opinion: o.k., you have an instance more than
in FC0.16 (the "body"), but basically it is the same workflow. At the moment I am
at the design-state pic below. Hope I get the rest done at the weekend. File-size
more than 600 KB, no upload possible. Keep up the spirit :)
regards Thomas.
done with
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.12643 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 868d9cc6c215ce3a2ab20d454378ec00e1b9ed26
Python version: 2.7.8
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.1.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)
felge.JPG
felge.JPG (77.7 KiB) Viewed 3034 times
AndarionCG

Post by AndarionCG »

Thanks, Thomas! :)
Have you completed the rim? :) I'll use 0.16 for a bit longer, i'm not sure if the tutorial would work 100% in FC0.17 with the similar workflow.
At the end i had a file 6.8MB, but the reason for that might be increased density, or deviation, i play with that too often...
I'll be making FC0.17 tutorials soon.
This kind of tutorials needs to have a voice, or any type of a guide. There is too much info i'm not covering, because of that simple reason, but i'll change that soon, as well. For now, i'll be making this demonstrational type of tutorials, so to speak.
Last edited by AndarionCG on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thschrader
Veteran

Post by thschrader »

AndarionCG wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:07 am Thanks, Thomas! :)
Have you comleted the rim? :)
No Sir... :oops:
In the last days I tried to understand some other fascinating stuff :mrgreen:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 5&start=70
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 2&start=70
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25614
HoWil
Veteran

Post by HoWil »

AndarionCG wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:15 am Two more videos
Hi AndarionCG,
Relay nice work! Thanks for the hard work.
Could you please show us how you did the nice renderings (on white background) of the final part shown at the beginning of each video-tutorial.
Did you use Blender, Luxrender or povray? Could you export the visual-material-settings to your rendering engine?
Thanks in advance,
HoWil
AndarionCG

Post by AndarionCG »

Thanks HoWil!
Those renderings are done in Blender, and rendered in Cycles, really simple setup. Among Freecad tutorials i uploaded Infinte plane tutorial for Blender, it shows basic setup, but for every tutorial i'm preparing different scene setup, adding or removing fill, diffuse, reflection and other lights. In genreal starting point is in this tutorial. Tutorials are done in a way to keep things as simple as possible, the only addition to everything is Freecad addons, everything else is pretty much out of the box, so to speak.
I'm still preparing large number of tutorials for Freecad and Blender, as well, i'll probably rearange first post under single link, and add a simpler preview, to list all of them, it will take some time.

phpBB [video]
Last edited by AndarionCG on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
HoWil
Veteran

Post by HoWil »

AndarionCG wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:38 pm
phpBB [video]
Thank you!
Really very instructive and helpful.
BR, Howil