Path Video Tutorial Playlist

A place to share learning material: written tutorials, videos, etc.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sliptonic
Veteran

Path Video Tutorial Playlist

Post by sliptonic »

I've started a new video series about Path. There will be some repetition from my 'preview' videos from last year but my intent is be more thorough and give a bit more context. The first three videos are up now. I'll be posting additional videos as I can.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... t7MLdCO3io
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Path Video Tutorial Playlist

Post by chrisb »

Good introduction even for complete newbies, who are looking only for a CAM tool and have never heard of FreeCAD.

Expecting more.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

There's three videos in that playlist already. I have a lot of ideas for the next few videos.

My goal is to describe the basic workflow but really try to anticipate the stumbling blocks that new users will face and explain the concept -- Like why you can't change feed rate in the operations. That's a no-brainer if you understand tool controllers but I'm going to get very sick of answering that question if the concept runs contrary to user expectation.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Always nice to have good documentation and tutorials. It helps substantially when learning.