Wiki Tutorials page got an overhaul!

A place to share learning material: written tutorials, videos, etc.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Dempsy

Re: Wiki Tutorials page got an overhaul!

Post by Dempsy »

NormandC wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:01 pm
Dempsy wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:06 pm I am a newer user and am going through some of the Tutorials. Just attempted the Whiffle Ball tutorial twice and believe that I found a few type o's. I would like to help with Free Cad in some manor and feel this is one of my strong points. I have a knack for stumbling upon little errors here and there. Who would I talk to or what do I do to contribute to the tutorials for editing etc. ?
Hi Dempsy,

I created your wiki account, you should have received an automated email notification (if you didn't, please check your spam folder, it may have been put there).

Sorry but I couldn't resist, your message contains two mistakes, three if I count the incorrect FreeCAD spelling. ;)

On a related note, some time ago I wondered what the heck was a whiffle ball so I googled it. It appears that it's actually a Wiffle ball (no "h"). I wonder if we should maybe rename the tutorial page... :? (If that is actually what the tutorial is about?)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiffle_ball
Got the link for the wiki, thanks.
The spelling of "Wiffle Ball" Too funny. I just copied the spelling from the site. I knew it was incorrect. Yes, Wiffle Ball and Bat. Silly little game toy from my child hood. We used to beat each other with the bats for fun, just like the orange Hot Wheel tracks back in the day.