Sketcher tutorial

A place to share learning material: written tutorials, videos, etc.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

Re: Sketcher tutorial

Post by NormandC »

What about now bejant? Do you get an email notification that I quoted you?

bejant wrote: ping
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I am absolutely sure that I have quoted members in this way before. Perhaps Kurt knows if something has changed?
kkremitzki wrote: ping
Is there an easy way to get the user id? For Kurt's id I searched the users, went to the users posts, opened one of them, clicked on reply and copied the quote tag without post_id and time.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

I went into the user's profile. The link ends with &u= followed by a number. That number is the user_id.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

NormandC wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:51 pm What about now bejant? Do you get an email notification that I quoted you?

bejant wrote: ping
I got an e-mail notification not because you quoted me but instead because I'm watching the topic since I posted previously. I suppose the way to test would be to open a new topic and then try the quote.

From my e-mail:
Hello bejant,

You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic "Sketcher tutorial" at "FreeCAD Forum". This topic has received a reply by NormandC since your last visit. No more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the following link:
(snip)

I did get a notification in the User Control Panel though.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I had promised a new version for yesterday, sorry it has to wait a bit more. I will of course announce it here.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
HarryGeier
Veteran

Post by HarryGeier »

Looks good to me.

As you assk if it is too detailed.. yes and no

I got some comments on my Youtube Videos, that even there , i am too technical and too detailed. I have the impression ( which coincides with your observation too ) that many possible users are overwhelmed by all the features , possibilities , and of course the limitations.
I think you should better call it, and further develop it as "Sketcher in Detail".

A real tutorial should be ..as the ones we have are, guiding the users through real world projects , step by step, and when applicable, introduce what to do and why .

just my thoughts....
Kaum macht man´s richtig , gehts´s
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
My FreeCAD Stuff on Hidrive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/qr3l1yddy6#$/
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

I got some comments on my Youtube Videos, that even there , i am too technical and too detailed. I have the impression ( which coincides with your observation too ) that many possible users are overwhelmed by all the features , possibilities , and of course the limitations.
I think you should better call it, and further develop it as "Sketcher in Detail".
why not split in a basic tutorial and a more advaced one?? Like the number of DOFs per constraint is not needed for a beginner but more interesting for more advanded steps
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

HarryGeier wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:38 am I think you should better call it, and further develop it as "Sketcher in Detail".

A real tutorial should be ..as the ones we have are, guiding the users through real world projects , step by step, and when applicable, introduce what to do and why .
Jee-Bee wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:39 pm why not split in a basic tutorial and a more advaced one?? Like the number of DOFs per constraint is not needed for a beginner but more interesting for more advanded steps
Thanks for your comments. It is in fact not a tutorial of the well known kind, but rather a detailed sketcher lecture. So finding the appropriate name for what I have done is already an improvement. And extracting basic handling advice might be sensible too, although there are already other tutorials of that kind out there.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Not finished yet, now it will have to wait another week.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

chrisb wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:00 am Not finished yet, now it will have to wait another week.
No worries (IDWID, as we say) but for feedback I'll argue that you don't need to complete it before allowing others to review your work. I see that it is massive and I'd like to have a look (via upload or PM) and I understand that the document is still evolving.