Sketcher tutorial

A place to share learning material: written tutorials, videos, etc.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kuzma30

Re: Sketcher tutorial

Post by Kuzma30 »

chrisb wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:55 am
Can you share editable version of lecture for translating purpose (to Russian)?
RealThunder's A3 Wiki translation, join the project https://crowdin.com/project/freecad-asm3-wiki
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

It is written in LaTeX. Is tar.gzip ok?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Kuzma30

Post by Kuzma30 »

chrisb wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:51 pm It is written in LaTeX. Is tar.gzip ok?
Ok, no problem.
RealThunder's A3 Wiki translation, join the project https://crowdin.com/project/freecad-asm3-wiki
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Kuzma30 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:03 pm Ok, no problem.
You have a PM.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
tarzanjunior

Post by tarzanjunior »

How do I access the tutorial for 0.18 version? The link uploaded is for 0.19.
My university is using the 0.18 version, so using 0.19 would be incompatible.
timmwille

Post by timmwille »

chrisb wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:51 pm It is written in LaTeX. Is tar.gzip ok?
Hello I found this tutorial as the best one out there and as @chrisb said it is LaTeX we might include this in another really great LinkStage3/FreeCAD Guidance Project? would it be ok to put this under the MIT License (we might also add a contributors list)? or does it need it's own repository to have better management and issue tracking for it (plus official releases)?

https://github.com/ceremcem/freecad-notes/issues/13
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

tarzanjunior wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:13 pm How do I access the tutorial for 0.18 version? The link uploaded is for 0.19.
My university is using the 0.18 version, so using 0.19 would be incompatible.
0.19 will become in approximately 1 month stable. Will your university upgrade? There no major changes, although for complete newbies small differences can already be disturbing. So the coincidence icon was changed, and some solver messages and preferences behaviour, ...
The core of the document is how geometric elements and constraints change the degrees of freedom. This works probably universally, perhaps even for other CAD systems, especially it works identically for 0.18 and 0.19. (For other CAD systems the special behaviour of the tangency and orthogonal variants must taken into account though).

If you still think you need it for 0.18, I can check what I have in my backups.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

timmwille wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:11 pm Hello I found this tutorial as the best one out there and as @chrisb said it is LaTeX we might include this in another really great LinkStage3/FreeCAD Guidance Project? would it be ok to put this under the MIT License (we might also add a contributors list)? or does it need it's own repository to have better management and issue tracking for it (plus official releases)?
I'm not quite sure what you want from me and what you are heading for. As long as the authorship is kept you can use it for further distribution. Do I have to do something official to allow it?
I don't have a GIT repository for it.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

chrisb wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:38 am I'm not quite sure what you want from me and what you are heading for. As long as the authorship is kept you can use it for further distribution. Do I have to do something official to allow it?
I don't have a GIT repository for it.
This isn't a bad idea, chrisb. It could be easier to contribute to and track changes. Maybe eventually become an official book that could generate funds for FreeCAD project ?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

chrisb wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:38 am I'm not quite sure what you want from me and what you are heading for. As long as the authorship is kept you can use it for further distribution. Do I have to do something official to allow it?
Maybe just clearly state the license, something like CC NC-BY-SA