Tutorial : Introduction to mechanical engineering with FreeCAD

A place to share learning material: written tutorials, videos, etc.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jpg87

Re: Tutorial : Introduction to mechanical engineering with FreeCAD

Post by jpg87 »

flowwie wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:47 am I thought about presenting your website and following the tutorials you give on the website in my videos like a "lets try these tutorials and build the demo parts myself live on video". of course I will show your site and give the correct attribution and sources to your website.
Drop me a message if you're interested. I will not do anything without your permission.
Hi Flowwie,
I agree and I thank you that you talk about my website, but what do you mean by "lets try these tutorials and build the demo parts myself live on video" .
Do you want to make videos from my presentations? If it is a question of reproducing them in German language with the FreeCAD menus in German to facilitate the comprehension of your compatriots, i am OK.
My website : http://help-freecad-jpg87.fr updated 2023/11/06
flowwie

Post by flowwie »

jpg87 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:18 pm Hi Flowwie,
I agree and I thank you that you talk about my website, but what do you mean by "lets try these tutorials and build the demo parts myself live on video" .
Do you want to make videos from my presentations? If it is a question of reproducing them in German language with the FreeCAD menus in German to facilitate the comprehension of your compatriots, i am OK.
Bonsoir et merci pour votre réponse,
It's my goal to make a video series on "How to properly learn FreeCAD" because many viewers only know my videos and I want to show them other good learning resources and I really like your website.
I don't have a complete concept yet but I would like to show your presentation in the webbrowser and tell my viewers in German language whats written on the slides and give some further tips and explanations to the slides. After that I could show the viewers how to build one of your examples like the wheel or the axle by following the steps you're giving on your slides. Again I would show the way you suggest how to build the wheel and give some more explanations to it. It's just that from my experience many learners learn better with a video and might be encouraged to try it for themselves when they watch a video how somebody is doing it. I think that's enough, if the viewers want more, they have to visit your website on their own and try all the other examples.
Just tell me what you're okay with and what you're not okay with and I am fine.
Have great day!
flowwie

Tip: It's "subtractive" in English not "soustractive" like in French as you write on the slide about sketches:
"A sketch is necessary for usual additive or soustractive features ; for some features it takes even more (loft, pipe)."
hello.
jpg87

Post by jpg87 »

flowwie wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:48 pm It's my goal to make a video series on "How to properly learn FreeCAD" because many viewers only know my videos and I want to show them other good learning resources and I really like your website.
I don't have a complete concept yet but I would like to show your presentation in the webbrowser and tell my viewers in German language whats written on the slides and give some further tips and explanations to the slides. After that I could show the viewers how to build one of your examples like the wheel or the axle by following the steps you're giving on your slides. Again I would show the way you suggest how to build the wheel and give some more explanations to it. It's just that from my experience many learners learn better with a video and might be encouraged to try it for themselves when they watch a video how somebody is doing it. I think that's enough, if the viewers want more, they have to visit your website on their own and try all the other examples.
Just tell me what you're okay with and what you're not okay with and I am fine.
I accept for translations and other actions in German that you wish to carry out from my website.
I wish you many viewers.

flowwie wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:48 pm Tip: It's "subtractive" in English not "soustractive" like in French as you write on the slide about sketches:
"A sketch is necessary for usual additive or soustractive features ; for some features it takes even more (loft, pipe)."
Thank you for this note: I helped fix some of these errors, but it must have escaped me.
jpg87

Post by jpg87 »

Hi,
I noticed on our forum and the French forum recurring questions concerning the use of geometric reference elements, expressions and other tools recommended to obtain more robust models.
To answer it in my own way, I am writing some additional pages concerning in particular the use of these tools in PartDesign.
I hope these examples will be useful :

http://help-freecad-jpg87.fr/015_pi_astucesPdN.php
jpg87

Post by jpg87 »

Hello,
for your information the pages I was working on are online. Thank you to those who consult them.