0.18 Quick Reference Guides Are Released

A place to share learning material: written tutorials, videos, etc.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bejant
Veteran

0.18 Quick Reference Guides Are Released

Post by bejant »

I'll post the pdf's but if anyone wants one or all LibreOffice (original) files let me know and I can post them too. Some WB's only have a few icons, so I skipped those.

FreeCAD 0_18 Quick Reference Guide 02 - Common Menus and Toolbars, is too big (about 1.5 Mb) to upload, so here is a link to it:
https://nofile.io/f/g1xKSMJEWkb/FreeCAD ... olbars.pdf
(I've never tried this service before, so I don't know how good or bad it might be)

Edit: Fixed missing Quick Reference Guide 01 .pdf; I had originally uploaded the LibreOffice .odt file by mistake.
Last edited by bejant on Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bejant
Veteran

Re: 0.18 Quick Reference Guides Are Released

Post by bejant »

Last edited by bejant on Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

Hi bejant. Great piece of work. I strongly believe that a good software can only spread the world if it has a good documentation available. So congrats!

Just want to tell you that you posted the first as ODT while all other are in PDF (and, from your 1st sentence, your intention was to post eveything as PDF). ;)
Last edited by openBrain on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks! Did you create them manually or automated? If manually you may consider to concentrate additive and subtractive primitives in one subtable.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

openBrain wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:00 am you posted the first as ODT while all other are in PDF
Thanks for letting me know, I've replaced that .odt file with the .pdf.

chrisb wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:29 am If manually you may consider to concentrate additive and subtractive primitives in one subtable.
They were done manually in LibreOffice, and I like your idea of including the + and - Primitives in one subtable.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

bejant wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:55 pm They were done manually in LibreOffice, and I like your idea of including the + and - Primitives in one subtable.
Thanks bejant, these are very useful.
I will upload a package to the releases page on GitHub. Do you plan on making changes that you and chrisb are discussing?
"fight the good fight"
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

I think those changes will make the files a bit smaller but give me a day or two to look at it again. I probably won't be doing anything more on them today (to give you perspective on "today" time frame for me, I'm in the U.S.).
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

chrisb wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:29 am concentrate additive and subtractive primitives in one subtable.
Done, that .pdf was 3 pages and now it's condensed down to 2 pages. I'm glad you had me look at this one again because in doing so I noticed that I had forgotten to include Mirrored, LinearPattern, PolarPattern, and MultiTransform. Funny thing is that I had forgotten them in 0.17 too but either nobody noticed or didn't tell me about it. :shock:

sgrogan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:04 pm Thanks bejant, these are very useful.
I will upload a package to the releases page on GitHub. Do you plan on making changes that you and chrisb are discussing?
You're welcome, and thanks for putting them on GitHub. I did make the changes and have edited that post to include the revised Part Design .pdf.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

I received a message from someone asking for the original LibreOffice documents in order to translate them to another language, so I'll post them here in case anyone else might also want them.