Did you restart your computer in between writing the mesh and trying to run the solver? If you, the temporary directory might have been erased. Returning to the mesh panel and re-creating the mesh should solve that. Also, you can change the directory where the case files are written in the CFD preferences, if you want to avoid the temp directory.
Did you by any chance give one of your boundary conditions a numeric name? (They should all be alphanumeric, start with a letter, and contain no spaces.) This would cause confusion to OpenFOAM, and unfortunately we haven't had time for such niceties as checks on the legality of naming :-/Crossleyuk wrote: ↑Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:05 amOkay Thomas, thanks again and all agreed with your suggestions. I now realise that I must re-mesh before running the iterations, so yet another learning step. Thank you again.
Now please tell to "give up" (to put it politely) if I'm being a pain but I had a thought of ensuring I had things understood. So I went back to my original case and went through it again ensuring that I had repeated all the items in the case you sent to me that was working fine. Of cours my change in axis and plain selection for the original sketch ment I had to correct my Inlet velocity axies. So after checking everything was in agreement with your case again I ran my modified case immediately after running yours and got exactly the same result.
So all seamed fine but when I saved my case and re-loaded it failed, after making all the checks again and re-meshing etc:
Dont hesitate to put questions in the FC-forum.