Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) workbench using OpenFOAM

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

oliveroxtoby

Re: Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) workbench using OpenFOAM

Postby oliveroxtoby » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:22 pm

Crossleyuk wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:08 am

So similar results but my observation is that the Properties panel only includes model components and not velocity, pressure etc. properties. And no orientation array options.
10-10-19 PV 5.7.0 Properties Glyph.PNG

I must also repeat that only PV 5.7.0 allows me to open a file to edit without launching it from FreeCAD CfdOF and can’t save anything then.
Have you tried changing 'Case Type' on the Properties tab to 'Decomposed Case' (and then clicking apply). This will be necessary if you ran the case in parallel (it is set automatically when paraview is run from CfdOF).

If that doesn't work, from your version information it looks like you have a pre-release version of Paraview 5.7. Perhaps worth downloading the latest version and trying again.
Crossleyuk

Postby Crossleyuk » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:54 pm

Thanks Oliver, I'll try that all out.

Michael
Crossleyuk

Postby Crossleyuk » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:18 pm

Thank you again Oliver,

I did try that after your suggestion that also came from ParaView forum and obtained the following.

I actually managed to generate a clip and glyph that gave me thye omega pattern on the clip surface. Made great progress today and can make progress now. Key thing is I can now save and load states. I now need to spend some time obtaining my velocity glyphs. But your help is again greatly appreciated.
11-10-19 PV 5.7.0 Decomposed Array Properties.PNG
11-10-19 PV 5.7.0 Decomposed Array Properties.PNG (46.69 KiB) Viewed 184 times
11-10-19 PV 5.7.0 Decomposed Omega Properties.PNG
11-10-19 PV 5.7.0 Decomposed Omega Properties.PNG (81.86 KiB) Viewed 184 times

Regards

Michael