2D-meshing in cfd

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

oliveroxtoby

Re: 2D-meshing in cfd

Postby oliveroxtoby » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:48 pm

thschrader wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:48 pm
gmsh: works fine
cfmesh: meshing error at front-window
snappyhexmesh: gives allways a 3D-mesh (?) :o
Should be fixed.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
julieng

Postby julieng » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:10 pm

Hello,

After compute a 3D case, in which I have boundary layers sub mesh regions, I have only access after Extract Block command to "multiblock datatest and internal mesh". I cannot choose the boundaries of interest like in the tutorial you show me.
What should I do in FreeCAD to have access to the boundaries groups in Paraview ?

Best regards

Julien
julieng

Postby julieng » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:53 pm

I do slightly differently, I don't know why:
I can have access to the boundaries directly in the first node of Paraview Openfoam reader.
After I do the same operation than in the tutorial and finally I integrate over the surface of interest the lift and drag forces, but I think that I have to multiply the pressure calculated by Openfoam by the volumic mass of my fluid [kg/m^3] ? Right?

Best regards

Julien
thschrader

Postby thschrader » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:10 am

julieng wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:53 pm
... but I think that I have to multiply the pressure calculated by Openfoam by the volumic mass of my fluid [kg/m^3] ? Right?
Right. See unit-definition in p dict after writing the case.