Issue installing cfMesh from CfdOF preferences window

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

rennat

Issue installing cfMesh from CfdOF preferences window

Post by rennat »

I'm attempting to play with CFD for the first time and am hitting a snag. I've not found anything on google or the forums search for this specific error message but it looks like a path calculation issue? or an assumption that the `blueCFD-Core` directory is the parent of the OpenFOAM install directory?

Preferences > CFD > General:

OpenFOAM install directory: F:\OpenFOAM\OpenFOAM-v1806

blueCFD-Core install seemed to work and is located at F:\Program Files\blueCFD-Core-2017

cfMesh install failed with this output:

Code: Select all

Downloading cfMesh, please wait...
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'F:\\OpenFOAM\\OpenFOAM-v1806\\..\\msys64\\home\\ofuser\\.blueCFDOrigin'
Download unsuccessful

System

Code: Select all

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.13541 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-17
Hash: 9948ee4f1570df9216862a79705afb367b2c6ffb
Python version: 2.7.14
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.2.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)

...and as I'm writing this I realize that blueCFD-Core does indeed contain an `OpenFOAM-5.x` directory so this is just a bad assumption on my part. I had pre-installed OpenFOAM before installing blueCFD.
I'm still posting this for reference in case anyone else finds themselves in the same boat.
oliveroxtoby

Re: Issue installing cfMesh from CfdOF preferences window

Post by oliveroxtoby »

rennat wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:39 pm ...and as I'm writing this I realize that blueCFD-Core does indeed contain an `OpenFOAM-5.x` directory so this is just a bad assumption on my part. I had pre-installed OpenFOAM before installing blueCFD.
I'm still posting this for reference in case anyone else finds themselves in the same boat.
Yup, at this stage only the BlueCFD version (not the ESI install) is supported under Windows. It should be pretty easy to add support for the other if someone is so inclined.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.