(solved) probs installing cfmesh and hisa

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

herbk
Veteran

(solved) probs installing cfmesh and hisa

Post by herbk »

Hi Oliver,

i don*t get cfMesh and Hisa installed, because that i have a few questions...:

If i run the dependency checker without a installed cfMesh and Hisa i got only shown the missing Hisa. Shouldn't the not availible cfMesh be shown to?

If i install cfMesh by the install button, it ends with 2 errors:

Code: Select all

-lm -o /home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/FMSToVTK
[color=#FF0000]/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: -ltriSurface kann nicht gefunden werden
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: -ledgeMesh kann nicht gefunden werden
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/opt/openfoam-1812/wmake/makefiles/general:138: /home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/FMSToVTK] Fehler 1
make: *** [/opt/openfoam-1812/wmake/makefiles/apps:27: FMSToVTK] Fehler 2[/color]

OpenFoam is installed to /opt/openfoam-1812 and i set the path to it first. Installing cfMesh creates an folder "OpenFoam" at my hoome directory, where are several subfolders and a ".OpenFOAM" which is emphty. Is that correctly?

If i install Hisa, at /home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812 a folder hisa-master is created, at the output box i get the Message

Building HiSA. Please wait...
Log file: /home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/hisa-master/log.Allwmake
Install completed
but the output window of FreeCAD shows

openfoam-1812/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude   -fPIC -c hisa.C -o Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/hisa.o
[color=#FF0000]In file included from ../singleRegionSolver.H:45:0,
                 from hisa.C:38:
../../../src/modules/hisa/lnInclude/pseudotimeControl.H:44:10: fatal error: convergenceControl.H: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
 #include "convergenceControl.H"
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [/opt/openfoam-1812/wmake/rules/General/transform:35: Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/hisa.o] Fehler 1[/color]
I'm at
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.Unknown
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.6.5
Qt version: 5.9.7
Coin version: 3.1.3
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)

atm, but i got the same errors if at Leap 42.3

FC Version is shown as unknow, because it's the version from the OpenSuse science repo (installed by Yast), but i got the same errors if i use FC AppImages on both systems.
Attachments
hisa_log.Allwmake.txt
(50.08 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
cfmesh_log.Allwmake.txt
(259.02 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Last edited by herbk on Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gruß Herbert
oliveroxtoby

Re: probs installing cfmesh and hisa

Post by oliveroxtoby »

herbk wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:46 pm Hi Oliver,

i don*t get cfMesh and Hisa installed, because that i have a few questions...:

If i run the dependency checker without a installed cfMesh and Hisa i got only shown the missing Hisa. Shouldn't the not availible cfMesh be shown to?
It should. I can't see a reason why this wouldn't be working.

If i install cfMesh by the install button, it ends with 2 errors:

-lm -o /home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/FMSToVTK
[color=#FF0000]/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: -ltriSurface kann nicht gefunden werden
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: -ledgeMesh kann nicht gefunden werden
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/opt/openfoam-1812/wmake/makefiles/general:138: /home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/bin/FMSToVTK] Fehler 1
make: *** [/opt/openfoam-1812/wmake/makefiles/apps:27: FMSToVTK] Fehler 2[/color]

OpenFoam is installed to /opt/openfoam-1812 and i set the path to it first. Installing cfMesh creates an folder "OpenFoam" at my hoome directory, where are several subfolders and a ".OpenFOAM" which is emphty. Is that correctly?

If i install Hisa, at /home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812 a folder hisa-master is created, at the output box i get the Message

Building HiSA. Please wait...
Log file: /home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812/hisa-master/log.Allwmake
Install completed
but the output window of FreeCAD shows

openfoam-1812/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude   -fPIC -c hisa.C -o Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/hisa.o
[color=#FF0000]In file included from ../singleRegionSolver.H:45:0,
                 from hisa.C:38:
../../../src/modules/hisa/lnInclude/pseudotimeControl.H:44:10: fatal error: convergenceControl.H: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
 #include "convergenceControl.H"
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [/opt/openfoam-1812/wmake/rules/General/transform:35: Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/hisa.o] Fehler 1[/color]
I'm at
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.Unknown
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.6.5
Qt version: 5.9.7
Coin version: 3.1.3
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)

atm, but i got the same errors if at Leap 42.3

FC Version is shown as unknow, because it's the version from the OpenSuse science repo (installed by Yast), but i got the same errors if i use FC AppImages on both systems.
I think this has to do with the detection of the OpenFOAM version. At present we detect the ESI version with a 'v' at the beginning of the version number, but it seems that on your system that is not the case. I will look at changing to a more robust detection.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi Oliver,

thx.
oliveroxtoby wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:45 pm I think this has to do with the detection of the OpenFOAM version. At present we detect the ESI version with a 'v' at the beginning of the version number, but it seems that on your system that is not the case. I will look at changing to a more robust detection.
yes, if i remeber right, some time ago there was a OpenFoam V5 (or V6) at the repo... the last 2 versions are named OpenFOAM-1806 and OpenFOM-1812.
Also on Debian the last version is the -1812 like Kurt has posted.
Gruß Herbert
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

OpenFOAM:
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hm, again some "chaos numbering"... :?

The History at the OpenFOAM homepage shows only up to V3..0+ that kind of numbering. Newer then V3.0+ gets version numbers by release date...

https://www.openfoam.com/download/release-history.php
Gruß Herbert
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

The difference is whether it's the openfoam.com or openfoam.org sources--currently the openfoam.com versioning scheme is e.g. 1812, whereas openfoam.org is on 6.x.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Thx for explanation, Kurt.

I don't be aware that there are 2 different sources for OpenFoam. Do you know for what reason it is? - The same as on Libreoffice and OpenOffice?...
Gruß Herbert
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

herbk wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:49 am Thx for explanation, Kurt.

I don't be aware that there are 2 different sources for OpenFoam. Do you know for what reason it is? - The same as on Libreoffice and OpenOffice?...
Actually it is quite similar, the split was largely triggered by the OpenCFD company getting bought by Silicon Graphics International.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

herbk wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:52 pm
oliveroxtoby wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:45 pm I think this has to do with the detection of the OpenFOAM version. At present we detect the ESI version with a 'v' at the beginning of the version number, but it seems that on your system that is not the case. I will look at changing to a more robust detection.
yes, if i remeber right, some time ago there was a OpenFoam V5 (or V6) at the repo... the last 2 versions are named OpenFOAM-1806 and OpenFOM-1812.
Also on Debian the last version is the -1812 like Kurt has posted.
The problem is detecting the different formats of the version number across various different packaging schemes etc. Hopefully it is working now. Please could you update the CfdOF workbench and re-try the cfMesh and Hisa installation. Let me know if you still have problems.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi Oliver,
oliveroxtoby wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:29 am Let me know if you still have problems.
unfortunately i have to let you know... The error message differs, but installing cfmesh still not works :(

May be the 2 versions of OpenFoam are more different as expected, because the output during installation shows a lot more red lines as before. - the loggfile is attached.

Thats what happend if i try to install cfmesh with FC from OpenSuse repo. It's 0.18 stable based, but with some changes (my mind, not sure) and don*t show a version number.

If i try to install cfmesh from FC AppImage ( 0.19.16291) i got an error "download not possible" and this output (only the first 3 lines are black, all others red)

Running  echo $WM_PROJECT_USER_DIR
Raw command:  ['bash', '-c', 'source "/opt/openfoam-1812/etc/bashrc" && echo $WM_PROJECT_USER_DIR']
/home/herbert/OpenFOAM/herbert-1812
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAsxRibK/usr/lib/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 1318, in do_open
    encode_chunked=req.has_header('Transfer-encoding'))
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAsxRibK/usr/lib/python3.6/http/client.py", line 1239, in request
    self._send_request(method, url, body, headers, encode_chunked)
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAsxRibK/usr/lib/python3.6/http/client.py", line 1285, in _send_request
    self.endheaders(body, encode_chunked=encode_chunked)
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAsxRibK/usr/lib/python3.6/http/client.py", line 1234, in endheaders
    self._send_output(message_body, encode_chunked=encode_chunked)
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAsxRibK/usr/lib/python3.6/http/client.py", line 1026, in _send_output
    self.send(msg)
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAsxRibK/usr/lib/python3.6/http/client.py", line 964, in send
    self.connect()
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAsxRibK/usr/lib/python3.6/http/client.py", line 1400, in connect
    server_hostname=server_hostname)
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAsxRibK/usr/lib/python3.6/ssl.py", line 407, in wrap_socket
    _context=self, _session=session)
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAsxRibK/usr/lib/python3.6/ssl.py", line 817, in __init__
    self.do_handshake()
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAsxRibK/usr/lib/python3.6/ssl.py", line 1077, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAsxRibK/usr/lib/python3.6/ssl.py", line 689, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
ssl.SSLError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:847)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/home/herbert/.FreeCAD/Mod/CfdOF/CfdPreferencePage.py", line 334, in downloadCfMesh
    reporthook=self.downloadStatus)
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAsxRibK/usr/lib/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 248, in urlretrieve
    with contextlib.closing(urlopen(url, data)) as fp:
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAsxRibK/usr/lib/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 223, in urlopen
    return opener.open(url, data, timeout)
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAsxRibK/usr/lib/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 526, in open
    response = self._open(req, data)
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAsxRibK/usr/lib/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 544, in _open
    '_open', req)
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAsxRibK/usr/lib/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 504, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAsxRibK/usr/lib/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 1361, in https_open
    context=self._context, check_hostname=self._check_hostname)
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAsxRibK/usr/lib/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 1320, in do_open
    raise URLError(err)
urllib.error.URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:847)>

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/home/herbert/.FreeCAD/Mod/CfdOF/CfdPreferencePage.py", line 297, in run
    self.downloadCfMesh()
  File "/home/herbert/.FreeCAD/Mod/CfdOF/CfdPreferencePage.py", line 336, in downloadCfMesh
    raise Exception("Error downloading cfMesh: {}".format(str(ex)))
Exception: Error downloading cfMesh: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:847)>
Attachments
log.Allwmake.txt
(594.93 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Gruß Herbert