Problem solving incomp. flow

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

Sidemountyucatan

Problem solving incomp. flow

Post by Sidemountyucatan »

Dear all,

I tried to solve a problem but I got the following error message:

0.0: Checking dependencies...
0.0: OpenFOAM case writer is called
0.2: Write OpenFOAM case is completed
0.1: Starting solver command:
0.1: C:\BLUECF~1\OPENFO~1.X\..\msys64\usr\bin\bash --login -O expand_aliases -c cd "/c/users/t42/appdata/local/temp/case" && ./Allrun
0.1: Solver started
5.0: OpenFOAM fatal error: Cannot find file "points" in directory "polyMesh" in times 0 down to constant
5.0: Simulation exited with error

Due to the fact I am new on CFD and CFDOf especially could someone give me a hint whats gone wrong. I have attached the file.
Thanks a lot !!
Best Regards
Marcus
Attachments
Mischkammer_CFD.FCStd
(148.17 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
oliveroxtoby

Re: Problem solving incomp. flow

Post by oliveroxtoby »

Sidemountyucatan wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:27 am Dear all,

I tried to solve a problem but I got the following error message:

0.0: Checking dependencies...
0.0: OpenFOAM case writer is called
0.2: Write OpenFOAM case is completed
0.1: Starting solver command:
0.1: C:\BLUECF~1\OPENFO~1.X\..\msys64\usr\bin\bash --login -O expand_aliases -c cd "/c/users/t42/appdata/local/temp/case" && ./Allrun
0.1: Solver started
5.0: OpenFOAM fatal error: Cannot find file "points" in directory "polyMesh" in times 0 down to constant
5.0: Simulation exited with error

Due to the fact I am new on CFD and CFDOf especially could someone give me a hint whats gone wrong. I have attached the file.
Thanks a lot !!
Best Regards
Marcus
I don't get that error. Make sure that you generate the mesh before running the solver.

I get a different (floating point) exception when trying to run the case. I am fairly sure this is because the mesh is too coarse and no mesh faces on the second inlet. Some refinement should fix it.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
Sidemountyucatan

Hi olivertoxoby,

I did another trial with a simpler problem just to investigate the "tricks" and challenges. It is simply a diffusor in between
2 pipes. (I did attach the file aswell). Interestingwise I got a error message too but I cannot evaluate why.
204.7: Simulation exited with error
I did mesh refinement. I used snappyhexmesh as net-tool.

Could you take a look to it and tell me why it wont work ? Would really give me help on my way to better understand the matter.

Thx a lot !
Attachments
Diffusor.FCStd
(16.07 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Sidemountyucatan

… interestingwise I did make a transient run and than it worked ….. can you give me an indication why ? …….
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

Sidemountyucatan wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:25 am Hi olivertoxoby,

I did another trial with a simpler problem just to investigate the "tricks" and challenges. It is simply a diffusor in between
2 pipes. (I did attach the file aswell). Interestingwise I got a error message too but I cannot evaluate why.
204.7: Simulation exited with error
I did mesh refinement. I used snappyhexmesh as net-tool.

Could you take a look to it and tell me why it wont work ? Would really give me help on my way to better understand the matter.

Thx a lot !
This was an issue with the CfdOF - we were not writing pressure from the potential flow initialisation, resulting in a large imbalance with the 400 kPa boundary. Should be fixed now.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.