CfdOF update

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

oliveroxtoby

CfdOF update

Post by oliveroxtoby »

There has recently been significant cleaning up and refactoring of the code. In the process, the internal object formats have been rationalised and made more consistent.

This has unfortunately broken file format compatibility, both for .FCstd files and also macros. The idea was to revamp across the board now so as to be able to maintain substantial compatibility in future.

If you need to get at the old version to load your existing files, this can be done with the 'v0' tag in the git repository.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
Crossleyuk

Re: CfdOF update

Post by Crossleyuk »

Hi Oliver,

I was sent here from a reply to my other forum post. Basically, I cannot open the file in Freecad that I've been working on for weeks and Freeview will not load at all. I have uninstalled and resinstalled both but niether work. I even tried Freecad 0.18. You suggest:

"If you need to get at the old version to load your existing files, this can be done with the 'v0' tag in the git repository."

But I don't understanf this. Sorry again, after massive success with your help I'm unfortunately still learning all the time.

Thank you.

Michael
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

Crossleyuk wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:37 am You suggest:

"If you need to get at the old version to load your existing files, this can be done with the 'v0' tag in the git repository."

But I don't understanf this.
1) Go to https://github.com/jaheyns/cfdof
2) Click on "Branch: master", click on "Tags" and select "v0"
3) Click on "Clone or Download" and "Download ZIP"
4) Extract the zip file in your FreeCAD modules directory - on Windows this will probably be c:\Documents and Settings\[User]\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Mod, and ~/.FreeCAD/Mod in Linux
5) Delete the existing CfdOF folder (that was downloaded by the Addon manager) and rename the CfdOF-0 folder extracted from the .zip to CfdOF.

Now you will be running the old version. If you want to move to the new version, you will need to delete all the CFD-related objects from the document (CfdAnalysis and everything under it), save the file, load it in the new version and re-create them there.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
foh81

Post by foh81 »

I'm note sure if this is the right place, but I guess I'm wondering if there's any known issues with building Hisa since this refactoring?

I've managed to install OpenFOAM 7, compiled cfMesh through FreeCAD but hisa fails. My platform is Ubuntu 19.04 and this particular hisa was downloaded from the gitlab page (the WB listed a sourceforge one that also failed me, so I tried the gitlab one instead). I have attached the log file.
Attachments
log.Allwmake.txt
(160.59 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

foh81 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:18 pm I'm note sure if this is the right place, but I guess I'm wondering if there's any known issues with building Hisa since this refactoring?

I've managed to install OpenFOAM 7, compiled cfMesh through FreeCAD but hisa fails. My platform is Ubuntu 19.04 and this particular hisa was downloaded from the gitlab page (the WB listed a sourceforge one that also failed me, so I tried the gitlab one instead). I have attached the log file.
OpenFOAM 7 was only relased two weeks ago, and HiSA hasn't been updated to support it yet.
foh81

Post by foh81 »

Yeah, that'll do it :D I did better with OpenFOAM6. There's still an error on ParaView (see below) but I could open it separately so maybe I'm good to go.

Code: Select all

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'distutils.spawn'
Thanks!
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

foh81 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:47 pm Yeah, that'll do it :D I did better with OpenFOAM6. There's still an error on ParaView (see below) but I could open it separately so maybe I'm good to go.

Code: Select all

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'distutils.spawn'
Thanks!
Which FreeCAD package are you using? (Ubuntu ppa, Appimage, Windows build, etc?) Could you paste your version information?