Dependencies check message / cfmesh error

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

Sidemountyucatan

Dependencies check message / cfmesh error

Post by Sidemountyucatan »

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.4 (GitTag)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-18
Hash: 980bf9060e28555fecd9e3462f68ca74007b70f8
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: German/Switzerland (de_CH)

Hi all,

had to install Freecad on a new laptop (old has past) and there are messages from the system I cant Interpret so far.
The installation seemed to work but the dependencies check shows me the following message:

"FreeCAD version (0.18.0) (4) must be at least 0.17.0 (14304)" (?)

This message didn't frighten me so far and I proceeded for a test case to see if the installation works properly.
(….just very simple, a cylinder tried to which I tried to mesh and solve with RANS.)

But interestingwise when try to mesh with cfmesh it exited with an error just telling me "Meshing exited with error".
Gmesh worked astonishingly. I am confused.

Does anybody know what is going wrong ? Is it because the message in the dependencies check ? But I guess not.
If Freecad must be at least 0.17.0 than 0.18.0 must be satisfying, isn't it ?

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

Marcus
oliveroxtoby

Re: Dependencies check message / cfmesh error

Post by oliveroxtoby »

Sidemountyucatan wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:16 pm OS: Windows 10
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.4 (GitTag)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-18
Hash: 980bf9060e28555fecd9e3462f68ca74007b70f8
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: German/Switzerland (de_CH)

Hi all,

had to install Freecad on a new laptop (old has past) and there are messages from the system I cant Interpret so far.
The installation seemed to work but the dependencies check shows me the following message:

"FreeCAD version (0.18.0) (4) must be at least 0.17.0 (14304)" (?)

This message didn't frighten me so far and I proceeded for a test case to see if the installation works properly.
(….just very simple, a cylinder tried to which I tried to mesh and solve with RANS.)

But interestingwise when try to mesh with cfmesh it exited with an error just telling me "Meshing exited with error".
Gmesh worked astonishingly. I am confused.

Does anybody know what is going wrong ? Is it because the message in the dependencies check ? But I guess not.
If Freecad must be at least 0.17.0 than 0.18.0 must be satisfying, isn't it ?

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

Marcus
The first message is to do with an inconsistency in how FreeCAD reported the version number at one point. I have made a change to get around this.

This probably has nothing to do with your second error.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
Sidemountyucatan

Thanks. But do you have any Idea what s wrong with cfmesh ? I suppose it's not the model. More simple isnt possible.
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

Sidemountyucatan wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:40 pm Thanks. But do you have any Idea what s wrong with cfmesh ? I suppose it's not the model. More simple isnt possible.
Without all the output requested in the post referenced below, it is impossible to speculate.
Please provide all the information requested in this post before reporting problems with CfdOF.
Sidemountyucatan

Hi oliveroxtoby,

I post following the error message when I tried to mesh the cylinder. I did several search about
what the heck may go wrong but without result.

Environment is now ready. Notes:
- You can change between installed versions by running: ofmenu
- You can change to other predefined versions by running: ofmenuNew
./Allmesh: Zeile 9: surfaceFeatureEdges: Kommando nicht gefunden. (-> command not found)

As previously mentioned the dependencies check gives no error despite the message that version
should be at least Freecad 0.17.0. But mine is actually 0.18..

So, I dont know how to proceed ? Is there any information beside this I can serve you with so that you
can give me some hints ? I suppose the .FCStd - file is not useful because its simply a cylinder from the
part WB.

It seems to me there is a installation problem or a file is corrupted ???

Would be glad for some advice.

Thx.