Separator design

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

nixxx

Re: Separator design

Post by nixxx »

Hi

Just wanted to share some screenshots of a separator model i developed for one of the three phase gas/oil/water separators in one of my facilities. I have taken the midplane as a symmetry plane to cut down on the mesh and calculations. The simulation results shown are for just a single phase. need to add some more details (vanes) on the inlet device as well. This is a 14ft by 150 ft separator. Will try to find a decent image hosting site to show the images here directly and also figure out how to share the model once it is completed.

I am having so much fun with this!

edit: pictures now attached

About info, Using CFDoF workbench, not sure how to find the version of that one. installed it last week from the addon manager. Had some issues installing the components, but with a mix of using the preferences and downloading files manually I succeeded.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.22284 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: bf1e8e48389f5e9e25bd77b67fe98da4213e797c
Python version: 3.6.8
Qt version: 5.12.1
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/Europe (en_150)
Attachments
separator with streamlines.PNG
separator with streamlines.PNG (191.14 KiB) Viewed 901 times
separator.PNG
separator.PNG (101.01 KiB) Viewed 901 times
Last edited by nixxx on Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PrzemoF
Veteran

Post by PrzemoF »

Welcome to the forum!

Looks good! Can you edit your post and insert the images directly?
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Please also add your About info to your OP along with the CFD workbench version. Thanks for sharing!
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

nixxx wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:54 am Hi

Just wanted to share some screenshots of a separator model i developed for one of the three phase gas/oil/water separators in one of my facilities. I have taken the midplane as a symmetry plane to cut down on the mesh and calculations. The simulation results shown are for just a single phase. need to add some more details (vanes) on the inlet device as well. This is a 14ft by 150 ft separator. Will try to find a decent image hosting site to show the images here directly and also figure out how to share the model once it is completed.

I am having so much fun with this!
Looks fantastic. Thank you for the feedback!