Model exit with error

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

thschrader
Veteran

Re: Model exit with error

Post by thschrader »

Sidemountyucatan wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:58 pm Meanwhile I also tried to unsinstall and reinstall BlueCFD core. Doesn't work better. During reinstallation window popped up that MPI or newer version is already installed. Should I uninstall MPI also and do the reinstallation again ?
yes.
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

Sidemountyucatan wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:41 pm I appreciate your input very much ! I tried the series run but there was no success either.

I attached the whole message which was posted by the system when start the simulation (but in parallel case) until error happened. see attached file. (is that what you meant ? Or is there any more detailed error protocoll somewhere in the system ?)

Meanwhile I'll try to uninstall and reinstall BlueCFD.
The output for the patches is a little different to my system. It could be that either you have a different version of the software or your mesh is out of sync. Please make sure
1. You have upated to the latest CfdOF workbench from the addon manager
2. Try again re-writing the mesh and solving
3. If none of that works, I would just turn off the potential flow initialisation for pressure (this is where the crash happens) - just use a uniform value of 100 kPa instead.
Sidemountyucatan

Post by Sidemountyucatan »

Finally, after uninstall und reinstall of BlueCFD and MPI, it worked ! ;)

Thx guys for your support !
thschrader
Veteran

Post by thschrader »

Sidemountyucatan wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:01 pm Finally, after uninstall und reinstall of BlueCFD and MPI, it worked ! ;)
Addendum:
bluecfd installs the complete package. An existing mpi can cause problems
when running bluecfd-installer. It is better to start with a "clean" system.
Which means, you should uninstall all existing mpi before installing bluecfd.
bluecfd_mpi.JPG
bluecfd_mpi.JPG (40.11 KiB) Viewed 958 times