Hisa Solver /Tutorial is not running

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

hllbls

Hisa Solver /Tutorial is not running

Post by hllbls »

Hello all,

First of all, i really thanks to Oliver Oxtoby, who is one of the developers of Hisa solver and moderator in here, to share this grate source.
I try to learn the solver, so i am trying some of the tutorial cases. Flatplate worked without problem but onereM6 is not runnig. I suspect of installation error, because there were some warning that may occur a problem. I attached output of the setupMesh and runSim commands.
Any help will be appreciated.

Have good days!
Attachments
setupMesh.log
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
runSim.log
(14.61 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
oliveroxtoby

Re: Hisa Solver /Tutorial is not running

Post by oliveroxtoby »

hllbls wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:06 am Hello all,

First of all, i really thanks to Oliver Oxtoby, who is one of the developers of Hisa solver and moderator in here, to share this grate source.
I try to learn the solver, so i am trying some of the tutorial cases. Flatplate worked without problem but onereM6 is not runnig. I suspect of installation error, because there were some warning that may occur a problem. I attached output of the setupMesh and runSim commands.
Any help will be appreciated.

Have good days!
Thanks for reporting. It should be fixed.
hllbls

Post by hllbls »

oliveroxtoby wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:25 pm Thanks for reporting. It should be fixed.
When will it be ? Should i cut off of my hisa solver works ?
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

hllbls wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:26 pm
oliveroxtoby wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:25 pm Thanks for reporting. It should be fixed.
When will it be ? Should i cut off of my hisa solver works ?
I have fixed it, so you just need to re-install HiSA and it should be working.
hllbls

Post by hllbls »

It works without a problem, thanks.
hllbls

Post by hllbls »

Hello Mr. Oliver,

I am curious about something in your Oneram6 tutorial case; why did you give a (0 0 0) to U value for freestream bc, i think it should be equal to internalValue. If you can enligten me, i would be very happy.

Have good days.
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

hllbls wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:09 am Hello Mr. Oliver,

I am curious about something in your Oneram6 tutorial case; why did you give a (0 0 0) to U value for freestream bc, i think it should be equal to internalValue. If you can enligten me, i would be very happy.

Have good days.
You are right, but it shouldn't make much difference as this value is replaced by the computed one the first time the boundary is updated.
hllbls

Post by hllbls »

Thanks for the quick reply.

How is the performance of the HiSA for unstructured tetrahedral meshes ? Do you have any studies on this issue ?
hllbls

Post by hllbls »

I tested with my own mesh which is higly non-orthogonal unstructured tetrahedral meshes. it perfectly works.
Thanks for sharing this great source.
hllbls

Post by hllbls »

Hello Mr. Oliver i just realized something: The formula you used in tutorial cases about 'k' seems to be wrong. You defined as "3/2*I*U^2" instead of "3/2*(I*U)^2" . I have to pay attention to initial conditions because my meshs are fully made of tet meshs, so it is so sensitive to init conditions.
Could you explain why did you use this formula or is there any mistake ?

Have good days!