[SOLVED) ]cfMesh : Install finished with error 2

A subforum specific to the development of the OpenFoam-based workbenches ( Cfd https://github.com/qingfengxia/Cfd and CfdOF https://github.com/jaheyns/CfdOF )

Moderator: oliveroxtoby

herbk
Veteran

Re: cfMesh : Install finished with error 2

Post by herbk »

Hi Oliver,

i saw you made a cfMesh update today morning.
Updateing my system installation of OpenFoam to 2106 and try to install cfMeshfinised with the same error 2 as before..
The install process seams to stop a bit later, i think , because the Allwemake logfile contends a few lines more.

If i try to install Hisa to that incomplete cfMesh installation it works and if i run the dependency checker it's missing cfMesh only. Trying install cfMesh after Hisa also fails.

Btw.: i'm gone back to Leap 15.3, because at the OpenFoam wiki is a hint that a working installation at Tumbleweed is mostly not possible. Here the system i an now:

OS: openSUSE Leap 15.3 (KDE//usr/share/xsessions/plasma5)
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.20.25220 (Git) AppImage
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 46282db7c8c65d1205a4cd03499d4beadb1573c6
Python version: 3.9.6
Qt version: 5.12.9
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.5.2
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)

Attached the last files for the output (FC and Allwmake)

Do you have any idea ?
Attachments
cfMesh_install_output_2106.txt
(265 Bytes) Downloaded 82 times
log.Allwmake_2106_new.txt
(435.85 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
FC_Python_console_output.txt
(679 Bytes) Downloaded 68 times
FC_output_2106_2106_new.txt
(429.98 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Gruß Herbert
oliveroxtoby

Post by oliveroxtoby »

herbk wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:22 am Hi Oliver,

i saw you made a cfMesh update today morning.
Updateing my system installation of OpenFoam to 2106 and try to install cfMeshfinised with the same error 2 as before..
The install process seams to stop a bit later, i think , because the Allwemake logfile contends a few lines more.
The first error indicates zlib.h is not found. You need to install the package that provides it - probably zlib-devel or something like that.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi Oliver,
oliveroxtoby wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:42 pm The first error indicates zlib.h is not found. You need to install the package that provides it - probably zlib-devel or something like that.
thank you, that solved the install problem of cf Mesh !
I have had a lzlib-devel instead, - is that zlib.h needed by OpenFoam or by cfMesh?

I read at OpenFoam Wiki about it, but have installed OpenFoam from the OpenSuse (science) Repo with package manager, it should solve the dependencys...
Gruß Herbert