MVD html or clickable sheets inside the FreeCAD

This forum section is only for IFC-related issues
ReD_CoDE

MVD html or clickable sheets inside the FreeCAD

Post by ReD_CoDE »

Hi all,

I have some ideas about IFC (MVD) that I think are awesome enough to work on them

First one is:

"What if experts be able to generate IFC exchange requirements and schedules (Model/Exchange View Definitions) inside the FreeCAD?
A plug-in that generates "clickable sheets" inside the software, like what can we generate as HTML files in IfcDoc"

Would be happy to know your opinion?

Kind regards,
Ehsan
Leadership is opening the doors for others to go through
yorik
Founder

Re: MVD html or clickable sheets inside the FreeCAD

Post by yorik »

Isn't it more interesting to have IFC viewers that display a list of objects (and allow clicking them to see the properties, the object in the model, etc...)? There are several of those around...

What would be the use you are thinking of for such a sheet?
ReD_CoDE

Post by ReD_CoDE »

It will generate Design Review and Design Transfer ect. on the software as clickable sheets. Imagine you have that HTML IFC4 ADD2 catalog as a clickable sheet in the software

Let's explain another scenario:

Imagine you be able to archive all design changes or issues in the design stage or construction stage inside the .ifc file.
Then when you open the project file, not only have models, also have design changes and issues archived in file, not separately as a PDF or other formats

Or imagine you have a contract with the client and that contract and all other related documents contained directly on the .ifc file
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

ATM more people tend to go the other direction, move the informations (attributes) out of the ifc, instead of moving more inside. For what you would like to have we need github or gitlab for building projects. That would be cool, some open source plattform for managing building projects would ve very very interesting for buissiness, because none of the existing ones could instslled on local companies server.
ReD_CoDE

Post by ReD_CoDE »

@bernd, yes I have seen some projects which tried to go outside the IFC, however, sooner or later IFC becomes the main tool to build national digital platforms in all countries, so some have started and some will start in the future

And I'm trying to build integrated things and drop dependency to software out of the BIM software. For instance, today PDF is popular but I ask myself what if even we don't need to have a lot of PDFs and everything be inside the project file

This is why am thinking of alternatives, like Page Layout Files or Editable Document Formats inside the project file like .ifc file

And even thought about how to reduce the size of the files when we include everything from models to data and information inside the master.ifc file