import non brep geometry

This forum section is only for IFC-related issues
Moult

Re: import non brep geometry

Post by Moult »

If it helps at all, I can parse it with IfcOpenShell just fine, as well as open in the BlenderBIM Add-on.

Also a note that there have been many builds of IfcOpenShell with the same version '0.6.0b0' but different commit hash (but I don't know how to check on a precompiled version), so it may be that you actually have different versions. Perhaps you can download the latest build from IfcOpenBot and replace your FreeCAD ifcopenshell with it?
I also blog about 3D rendering, architecture, software and other on thinkMoult.com. RSS / Atom feed available for your convenience.
jureko

Post by jureko »

Moult wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:28 pm Perhaps you can download the latest build from IfcOpenBot and replace your FreeCAD ifcopenshell with it?
Yeah, this is it!
Downloaded https://s3.amazonaws.com/ifcopenshell-b ... inux64.zip
and now import all entities, Thank You both Moult an bernd!
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

As a general note, it happens quite often that an IFC file can be successfully parsed by IfcOpenShell, but a valid Brep object cannot be rendered for a particular object. There are a lot of geometry twists that can happen, sometimes an IFC object is exported from a mesh with strange or twisted facets, which is fine for a mesh, but fails to create valid brep faces, etc...