I started some tests to export link objcets to an IFC file...
Here attached a beam created with the assembly4 workbench (it uses link objects)...
The assembly is created from two file, one for the HEA200 and one for the end plates. The assembly (TR001) uses LCS to arrange the elements.
I tried two ways:
1) create a structure element in the file "Assembly4_HEA200+PLT_200x180" based on the TR001
2) create a link object of the TR001 (this is a link of the assembly) in an external file and then a structure element based on a link
For 1) and 2) ways, I see that when I create the structure element the object turns to black and I can't change the color from the view properties...How can I do?
I exported the structure element in an IFC file and I can see the element in a BIM viewer (BIM Vision), but when I try to re-import the IFC file in freecad I don't see the object...Are there some parameters to set in the import preferences?...
I hope I was clear...
Thanks for your help,
Details of the files:
1) Beam_ifc.ifc: file exported frim FC
2) TR_HEA200.FCStd: HEA200 beam (the extrusion is in a part container)
3) PLT_200x180.FCStd: end plates (the extrusion is in a part container)
4) Assembly4_HEA200+PLT_200x180.FCStd: Beam TR001 assembled with LCS
5) IFC_View.png: Screenshot from the BIM viewer
OS: Windows 10 (10.0)
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.20052 (Git)
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.8.2
Qt version: 5.12.5
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: Italian/Italy (it_IT)