Test winner Freecad in a speed comparison: IFC geometry (no attributes) import to Revit and Archicad

This forum section is only for IFC-related issues
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Re: Test winner Freecad in a speed comparison: IFC geometry import to Revit and Archicad

Post by thomas-neemann »

chrisb wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:56 pm You don't have to register separately.
ok, i will try it

edit

I think there are misunderstandings.
Bildschirmfoto zu 2020-09-02 14-59-59.png
Bildschirmfoto zu 2020-09-02 14-59-59.png (39.38 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
Gruß Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Thomas Neemann

https://www.youtube.com/@thomasneemann5 ... ry=freecad
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Test winner Freecad in a speed comparison: IFC geometry import to Revit and Archicad

Post by chrisb »

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the BIM subforum here.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

thomas-neemann wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:57 pm ok, i will try it
Just signup and use the same credentials ?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Post by thomas-neemann »

Kunda1 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:23 pm
thomas-neemann wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:54 pm
now it worked
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto zu 2020-09-03 13-03-07.png
Bildschirmfoto zu 2020-09-03 13-03-07.png (74.3 KiB) Viewed 1467 times

bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

I fully do not agree here. In that forum talk on building smart they do compare ifc import including all attributes NOT just mesh import as it is done here in this topic. Would you compare on the same manner. Means if you would like to compare FreeCAD in the topic on buildingsmart you should use the FreeCAD ifc importer! If not this lead to a lot of confusion. There is a lot of confusion and wrong knowledge around in BIM already we do not need to explicit make even more of this.
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

+1
follow my experiments on BIM modelling for architecture design
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

bernd, I guess we need a clarrification then. And if we're going to be conducting speed test, then we should set up the correct categorizations and testing parameters.
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Post by thomas-neemann »

it's just a push for people looking for a quick solution. everyone can do it the way they want.

bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

thomas-neemann wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:17 pm it's just a push for people looking for a quick solution. everyone can do it the way they want.
It is not the method I do not like. It is fast and it is simple. It is great if one only needs the mesh geometry. But it is something totally different to import a mesh than import a ifc with all its attributes.

Never mind ... 8-)
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

If you're running speed tests then you need to run them with a correct understanding. Can we outline some parameters on how to correctly test loading speeds of said files?