IFC import

This forum section is only for IFC-related issues
bernd
Veteran

Re: IFC import

Post by bernd »

tom wrote:I don't know what the purpose of the attribute INCLUDE_CURVES is. Thus, my temporary patch may not be the proper solution for the problem. I wonder why nobody else was faced to the same issue, since the ifcOpenShell I used came from the official site. Or is this issue OS X related?
You downloaded from here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ifcope ... -preview1/ These previews are from February 2015! They are really outdated. It is recommended to compile an up to date version. Check https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpenShell

BTW: This option is needed to import analytical IFC. This option was added far after these previews above where provided.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

I think I saw they were in the process of creating new builds of ifcopenshell... Maybe have a look at their forums too if there isn't anything more recent
tom

Post by tom »

Hmm, I gave up compiling the IfcOpenShell on an OS X machine after 3 hours. It seems to me that I have to live without a IFC import for a while.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

double post
Last edited by bernd on Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

tom wrote:Hmm, I gave up compiling the IfcOpenShell on an OS X machine after 3 hours. It seems to me that I have to live without a IFC import for a while.
fill in an issue on ifcopenshells github or on ifcopenshells forum. Thomas or Ari will for sure help you. They did help myself many times to get ifcopenshell compiled.

BTW:
there is a build sctipt which fetches and compiles all depecies.

would be cool if you get it compiled. We coulf include the binary in the osx FreeCAD release then.
tom

Post by tom »

Thank you for the hint with the build script. Will try it this evening.
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

tom wrote:Thank you for the hint with the build script. Will try it this evening.
Hi @tom,

Were you able to successfully compile ifcOpenShell for OSX? I wasn't able and I would be interested on the binaries in case you have them...

Thanks
Dark and Light stylesheets v2.0 to theme your FreeCAD UI, more information here