- 0.17 bundles smesh 5.X, Fedora has 6.7.5 from the fork provided by the OCE guys.
- The bundled smesh requires libmed which is not in Fedora, when using system smesh its not explicitly required (but probably a good idea long term).
- There is a pull request that was accepted to make FreeCAD compliant with smesh 7.
- The pull request fixes some of the compilation issues with smesh 6.X but causes others
- I added some logic around smesh in cmake for linking with the right libraries but now that patch is all interwoven with the pull request.
Fedora FreeCAD maintainer
 https://hobbes1069.fedorapeople.org/fre ... mesh.patch