FreeCAD DLL Load failed: Workbench

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
easyw-fc
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD DLL Load failed: Workbench

Post by easyw-fc »

joam wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:09 am attached the log of dw, if it can help to find the problem.

Many thanks for your help.
you are using FC 0.18 win32 on Win Vista 32b
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit), version 6.00.6002 Service Pack 2
Program Executable: d:\program files\freecad_0.18.14061_x86_dev_win\bin\FREECAD.EXE
you cannot use nothing more than FC 0.16 on this OS
Notes for Windows users

The 32-Bit installer (x86) supports the following versions of Windows: 7/8/10.
The 64-Bit installer (x64) supports the following versions of Windows: 7/8/10.
This thread may be useful
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29552

EDIT:
sorry, I noticed only after my reply that you were able to use it in FC Vista before... sorry for the noise
joam

Post by joam »

@Wmayer: thank you for your answer
@easyw-fc: thanks and no worries for the noise :-) Yes, my vista used to work well with the FreeCAD_0.17.8443_x86_dev_win . Actually I can launch the 0.17 and 0.18dev, but I cannot open a project or some of the workbenches.

Wmayer, i have reinstalled 0.17.8443dev and you're right, some workbenches are working: mesh, plot, points, ships, spreadsheet, test and web. When I launch draft, it says "dll load failed" but freecad shows the draft toolbar. For all other workbenches, the "dll load failed" comes and not their toolbar.

I suppose the software i tried who put its installation files was trnsys, I remove it and all tk*.dll in system32 . I tried to copy tk* of freecad in system32 but it's not working.

Many thanks for your help
joam

Post by joam »

Hi,
any idea of what I can do? Before, kb1gtt said "I have installed this .dll and so far no errors". Do someone know more about that dll?
For the moment, i use the 0.16 and no problem with it. I would really appreciate to make the 0.17dev to work again because I need the arch pipe tool, wich is available from the 0.17 version. Maybe there's a possibility to import this tool in 0.16 arch workbench?

Thank you for help