qt5.9 WebEngine crash

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
looo
Veteran

Re: qt5.9 WebEngine crash

Post by looo »

realthunder wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:03 am I don't think I did anything special, except that I used MacOSX 10.12, instead of 10.9, which seems to be a must for qt 5.9?
looking at the qt-feedstock it seems like it is compiled with MacOSX 10.12. https://github.com/conda-forge/qt-feeds ... onfig.yaml But I am not sure if this constraints freecad to use the same version. In any case I have updated the recipe to use 10.12.
There seem to have some hard coded dependency location in some conda pre-built package.
Conda handles them in conda-build and conda install by replacement.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

realthunder wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:03 am I have to created a symlink /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk
I see the same problems when I switch the freecad-feedstock to MacOSX10.12. So I tried your workaround and created a link for MacOSX10.9. Thanks for this hint.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

looo wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:34 pm
chrisb wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:59 pm I will check it when it becomes available.
There is now a 17107 build available, but I fear qtwebengine still doesn't work on mac.
Have a look here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 53#p303953
On Windows it's very important that QtWebEngineProcess and the resource directory can be found. The translation directory is recommended but not mandatory. To define the paths you can set the appropriate environment variables or a qt.conf file.

I guess on other systems the prerequisites are very similar.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I tried the asm3 build and it behaves similar: I can switch languages, which was an issue some time ago, but switching to Start workbench crashes FreeCAD immediately. Message:

Code: Select all

FreeCADasm3.app/Contents/MacOS/FreeCAD: line 10:  1499 Abort trap: 6           "$PREFIX/bin/FreeCAD" $@
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

wmayer wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:14 am Have a look here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 53#p303953
On Windows it's very important that QtWebEngineProcess and the resource directory can be found. The translation directory is recommended but not mandatory. To define the paths you can set the appropriate environment variables or a qt.conf file.

I guess on other systems the prerequisites are very similar.
Yes, this is indeed the culprit.

looo wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:34 pm
The problem can be solved by adding qt.conf with the following content in both Resources/bin and Resources/libexec directory. The one in bin is for FreeCAD, and libexec is for QtWebEngineProcess which runs as a separate process.

Code: Select all

[Paths]
Prefix = ./../

chrisb wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:59 pm
I have updated OSX conda image, can you please try again here?
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I can switch to Start WB now, but opening any file switches to Start WB instead of showing the new tab.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

chrisb wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:27 am I can switch to Start WB now, but opening any file switches to Start WB instead of showing the new tab.
Hmm... Can't reproduce the problem. Maybe wait for looo to update the upstream image and try again.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

realthunder wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:11 am The problem can be solved by adding qt.conf with the following content in both Resources/bin and Resources/libexec directory. The one in bin is for FreeCAD, and libexec is for QtWebEngineProcess which runs as a separate process.

thanks again, looks like this solved the problem on linux (tested locally, builds should be soon available). I also applied this to the osx script.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

chrisb wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:27 am I can switch to Start WB now, but opening any file switches to Start WB instead of showing the new tab.
How do you open a file? Via File > Open/Import or by clicking on the recent file list inside the Start page? And what happens then? Doesn't it load the file at all or does it simply not activate the correct tab?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

wmayer wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:58 am How do you open a file? Via File > Open/Import or by clicking on the recent file list inside the Start page? And what happens then? Doesn't it load the file at all or does it simply not activate the correct tab?
It happens only on opening via File menu. It happens too, on using File->RecentFiles->Filename. It does not happen when using the recent file list on the Star workbench.

The file is opened correctly in a new tab. It is only the selection of the wrong tab which is unexpected.