cannot open disk image - "no mountable file system"

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Fr4nky

Re: cannot open disk image - "no mountable file system"

Post by Fr4nky »

chrisb wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:27 pm I guess that Qt is the problem. If you compile yourself, you can try an older version.
I spent so much time with this (try to compile a actual version of QT). I think it is not impossible, but for every step when you try to compile something else is outdated. Then you try to compile that ... next problem... and so on.

chrisb wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:32 pm Qt doesn't even list 10.12, it lists as smallest version 10.13.
For me it is also hard to accept, that this smooth running OS is now outdated and even by open source projects no longer supported.
I love MacOS or better I'm really deep used to it. If you just got the old hardware but flexible with your OS you can give Ubuntu or better an lightweight Linux a try. Most of them running totally great on older Mac's and it's crazy how fast they are.
kharmaguru

Post by kharmaguru »

I just got burned on this. 900MB of useless data. They really need to fix the requirements description. I've been using Freecad on Linux for years and figured I'd put it on my old mac pro that can't go beyond El Capitan. Nope.
kharmaguru

Post by kharmaguru »

I just got the .18 version off of github. Seems to be working well so I am happy again. :D
Fr4nky

Post by Fr4nky »

kharmaguru wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:30 pm I just got burned on this. 900MB of useless data. They really need to fix the requirements description. I've been using Freecad on Linux for years and figured I'd put it on my old mac pro that can't go beyond El Capitan. Nope.
:arrow: I have already tried to make a bug report - unfortunately without success so far. Maybe someone has to check that first? But it was definitely a while ago.
https://tracker.freecadweb.org/view.php?id=4631 :?:
[bug]https://tracker.freecadweb.org/view.php?id=4631[/bug]
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Fr4nky wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:47 pm I have already tried to make a bug report - unfortunately without success so far. Maybe someone has to check that first? But it was definitely a while ago.
It was so long ago that 10.11 still was the minimum version. Now it is 10.12. I will close the ticket.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.