Launch from Windows installer fails to drop privileges

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Launch from Windows installer fails to drop privileges

Post by chrisb »

uwestoehr wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:32 am You miss the point: What you call "improvement" would mean to get rid of the feature. I explained it quite often and you must admit that I was very patient. However at some point I cannot repeat again and again. If you don't like the feature, feel free to remove it but expect complaints from admins about the missing feature.
A clarifying text wouldn't remove any feature, nor would fixing the uninstall issue - provided it can be reproduced.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

chrisb wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:00 am A clarifying text wouldn't remove any feature, nor would fixing the uninstall issue - provided it can be reproduced.

I fully agree here. However, at first I need to be able to reproduce the uninstallation your described. i tested today on my second PC and could also not reproduce this. So I need further screenshots or step by step info from you.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

uwestoehr wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:32 pm What I will now (as soon I find time) do is to assure the option is off by default. So people with less knowledge will not run into this.
This is all I ask for. Thanks :)
"fight the good fight"
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

sgrogan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:19 pm This is all I ask for. Thanks :)
I had a look, and this is already the case. You must actively set this option to use it.