Install FreeCAD-addons-master

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sgrogan
Veteran

Re: Install FreeCAD-addons-master

Post by sgrogan »

"fight the good fight"
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

sgrogan wrote:see here viewtopic.php?f=4&p=133336#p133336
sorry, I missed that...
thanks again
Maurice
MMSN

Post by MMSN »

Hello ! :D
Finally the FreeCAD-addons-master run good and I am enjoying learning the capabilities of FreeCad. After read carefully the phyton code I noticed that the path include a subfolder mod so I created this subfolder after freeCad and that was the issue:
C:/Users/User Name/AppData/Roaming/FreeCAD/Mod/FreeCAD-addons-master
One problem remains: The assemble2 workbench is still hidden although into the FreeCAD-addons-master appear as installed. I am not figure out the inconvenient, may be the same path issue inside of its phyton code.
Here is the screen shot of the issue
Thanks in advance
Attachments
Cube 4.JPG
Cube 4.JPG (128.28 KiB) Viewed 1958 times
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

MMSN wrote:One problem remains: The assemble2 workbench is still hidden although into the FreeCAD-addons-master appear as installed. I am not figure out the inconvenient, may be the same path issue inside of its phyton code.
The problem is with the python-numpy package supplied with the Windows installer.

You need to replace it with a different version. Make a forum search, there's a topic where it's mentioned as well as a download link to a working numpy version.
MMSN

Post by MMSN »

NormandC wrote:The problem is with the python-numpy package supplied with the Windows installer.

You need to replace it with a different version. Make a forum search, there's a topic where it's mentioned as well as a download link to a working numpy version.
Thanks Normand,
I have find this topic that I think will solve my inconvenient. "viewtopic.php?f=22&t=12839" So right now I am extracting the zipped folder"https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx4ov ... authuser=0" Numpy for replace the existing one in my FreeCad site package. I will let know what happens. :roll:
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

MMSN wrote:I have find this topic that I think will solve my inconvenient. "viewtopic.php?f=22&t=12839"
Yes, that's the one!
MMSN

Post by MMSN »

No run,
The same issue when I tried to start to run the FreeCAD-addons-master. :oops:
Install update-phytom git not found.JPG
Install update-phytom git not found.JPG (66.23 KiB) Viewed 1942 times
Back to the same problem before....JPG
Back to the same problem before....JPG (66.17 KiB) Viewed 1942 times
MMSN

Post by MMSN »

Ok , the FreeCAD-addons-master run again but the assemble2 is still hidden..
I don't figure out what is the issue event ought I am so happy with the existing capabilities.
Attachments
My firsth Hull.JPG
My firsth Hull.JPG (81.77 KiB) Viewed 1937 times
Run! but the assemble2 is still hidden..JPG
Run! but the assemble2 is still hidden..JPG (115.2 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
Freetester

Post by Freetester »

Hi

After digging as much as i can, i decided to uninstall FreeCad. As usual in freeware, documentation is a mess, forum is full of good people and goodwill but inefficient and the tuturials that interests me are mainly in german or too poor. So i'm sad.

Anyhow, I thank You for the effort. May be back after a while. Maybe someone could do a proper documentation and things for mortal humans. FreeCad-addon installer is a mess and one need to guess how it works: The documentation isn't acurate as it should be and I don't think that, even being freeware, one shouldn't be obligated to spent hours, sometime days, looking for the niddle in foruns or sites.

Best of luck