Install FreeCAD-addons-master

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
easyw-fc
Veteran

Re: Install FreeCAD-addons-master

Post by easyw-fc »

sgrogan wrote:Got it!
libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll are missing
How they are being found on my working system is TBD. copying these 2 files from 0.15 bin directory fixes the problem.
Great!
that fixed both my FC016 and FC017 on windows 10 64b (both just unzipped, not installed)
thanks
Maurice
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

easyw-fc wrote:Great!
that fixed both my FC016 and FC017 on windows 10 64b (both just unzipped, not installed)
thanks
Maurice
Maurice, which 0.16 are you using the latest 0.16.6706? I'm testing if this breaks something else, like F1 help.
I'm on my always working system now and the dlls are missing but it still works :?
"fight the good fight"
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

sgrogan wrote:I'm on my always working system now and the dlls are missing but it still works :?
Reading on the internet it could be related to having OpenSSL installed or not. I am not sure if it's packed with FreeCAD or not on Windows but if you have manually installed OpenSSL in the past on your system it is probably influencing the results you are observing.
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

sgrogan wrote:which 0.16 are you using the latest 0.16.6706? I'm testing if this breaks something else, like F1 help.
Hi,
I was with FC016 6704 64b, but I tested with FC016 6706 64b and copying the dlls the addon installer is fine...
PLUS finally I can get pip (python get-pip.py) using just FC python distribution :D FANTASTIC!
sgrogan wrote:I'm on my always working system now and the dlls are missing but it still works :?
have you any PATH pointing to local dll?
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

easyw-fc wrote:have you any PATH pointing to local dll?
I'm looking and haven't found anything yet. The always working machine is the the one I use for the FreeCAD builds so I try to not install anything. I uninstalled my system installed python to try to avoid these issues.
easyw-fc wrote:PLUS finally I can get pip (python get-pip.py) using just FC python distribution :D FANTASTIC!
And get python packages installed into the FreeCAD python ecosystem? If so, do you mind to start a new thread and explain. This indeed would be a big deal, and probably help with Mandeep_Singh's work on an updated addons installer.
triplus wrote:Reading on the internet it could be related to having OpenSSL installed or not. I am not sure if it's packed with FreeCAD or not on Windows but if you have manually installed OpenSSL in the past on your system it is probably influencing the results you are observing.
OpenSSL is a dependency of QT so this, is packaged with FreeCAD, and is definitely relevant. The dlls got dropped when I upgraded QT. The precompiled version of openssl used for the precompiled version of QT uses MariaDB instead of MYSQL. Fortunately the generated dlls are named different. But some testing is needed to see if they can live side by side.
"fight the good fight"
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

sgrogan wrote:
easyw-fc wrote:PLUS finally I can get pip (python get-pip.py) using just FC python distribution :D FANTASTIC!
And get python packages installed into the FreeCAD python ecosystem? If so, do you mind to start a new thread and explain. This indeed would be a big deal, and probably help with Mandeep_Singh's work on an updated addons installer.
I normally try to avoid to install most of sw to have fully contained sw folders so to be able to easily replicate a PC environment into a different one...
I use to run python scripts from FreeCAD python folder, without the need to install an extra python environment ...
Having pip on the same FC python folder is giving me the ability to install python modules on the same FC python environment ...
I did in the past (FC015) but I was missing pip in latest FC versions, now not anymore! :D

When you will release a FC distribution with ssl fixed, I will be pleased to start the thread on 'get-pip' in FreeCAD, so every user could check it directly in the new FC distro

Thanks again for your support :D
Maurice
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

sgrogan wrote:OpenSSL is a dependency of QT so this, is packaged with FreeCAD, and is definitely relevant. The dlls got dropped when I upgraded QT. The precompiled version of openssl used for the precompiled version of QT uses MariaDB instead of MYSQL. Fortunately the generated dlls are named different. But some testing is needed to see if they can live side by side.
Might not be relevant but it might explain your behaviour:

https://github.com/paralect/robomongo/issues/786

That is it looks like you could have OpenSSL installed (manually) on the machine you removed ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll library and that is why it is still working?
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

easyw-fc wrote:When you will release a FC distribution with ssl fixed, I will be pleased to start the thread on 'get-pip' in FreeCAD, so every user could check it directly in the new FC distro
If that's not motivation nothing is :geek:
x64 version is ready for testing https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/rele ... g/0.17_pre

I will make updated installers if it doesn't break other stuff.
Thanks for staying with the testing, this really, really, helps.
"fight the good fight"
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

sgrogan wrote:And get python packages installed into the FreeCAD python ecosystem? If so, do you mind to start a new thread and explain. This indeed would be a big deal, and probably help with Mandeep_Singh's work on an updated addons installer.
done here
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16851#p133167
thanks again for your build support :D
Maurice
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

sgrogan wrote: Thanks for staying with the testing, this really, really, helps.
Hi @sgrogan
I'm trying to learn FEM module and I was using FC 0.17 latest and discovered this error
FEM module is build without NETGEN support
fem-module-netmesh-support.PNG
fem-module-netmesh-support.PNG (73.77 KiB) Viewed 2204 times
the stable FC0.16 doesn't make this error...
I discovered also that

Code: Select all

NETGENPlugin.dll
is missing in FC 017 bin dir, but copying it there from FC016 didn't solve the issue...

thanks again for support
Maurice

Code: Select all

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.8073 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: dc25c73e3075dd740355cd6fb660ac07b3b49818
Python version: 2.7.8
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a