ana(conda) windows packaging

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sgrogan
Veteran

Re: ana(conda) windows packaging

Post by sgrogan »

wmayer wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:31 pm We should try to use QtWebEngine as an alternative since QtWebkit is not part of the official Qt source tarball but in a separate git repo. In a branch on github I worked on the port but it doesn't work stable ATM. Unfortunately, I could not use a debug Qt version as I never succeeded in creating the debug dll of QtWebEngine -- it also stopped at linking time.

If we could use QtWebEngine alternatively this would also simplify life for macOS on travis.
Thanks wmayer, I had seen your other post about this.
As this doesn't seem easy, I'm investigating if I can build QTWebKit compatible with our Conda QT 5.6.
Basically what Peterl94 did for OSX on Travis.
It looks like someone was able to build WebKit for OSX on Conda but not for linux or win.
I see lots of failed attempts with VS2015, and one that succeeded with mysys2.

Is there anything we can try to do to support the port to QTWebEngine? I'm pretty sure I could build your webengine branch with conds deps, but we have no debug libs (yet)
"fight the good fight"
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Is there anything we can try to do to support the port to QTWebEngine? I'm pretty sure I could build your webengine branch with conds deps, but we have no debug libs (yet)
I first have to re-check this branch whether there is a way how to make it this more stable. Without a debug dll of QtWebEngine it's pretty difficult to hunt down the segfault.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

sgrogan wrote:As this doesn't seem easy, I'm investigating if I can build QTWebKit compatible with our Conda QT 5.6.... It looks like someone was able to build WebKit for OSX on Conda but not for linux or win.
As I already mentioned, the QtWebkit is included in the qt package for linux and windows. So building with qtwebkit is no problem. But still there is the problem with images which are not showing... But I am not sure if this is a bug with the webkit windows build or if there is something wrong with the paths. Right-clicking on a image-placeholder and copying the path to the image givs this result:

Code: Select all

c:/Users/hans_/conda/envs/freecad/Library/data/Mod/Start/StartPage/images/userhub.png
I am not sure i this is valid path for windows...

ps.:Thanks to appveyor support I can now use 1:45 build time. After some headache with the security tokens, I hope to finally have a right setup to provider a new windows-build this evening.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

looo wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:14 pm As I already mentioned, the QtWebkit is included in the qt package for linux and windows.
My mistake, I see now Qt5WebKit.dll, before I only saw Qt5WebEngine, that I no longer see. Sorry for the noise.
"fight the good fight"
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

My mistake, I see now Qt5WebKit.dll, before I only saw Qt5WebEngine, that I no longer see. Sorry for the noise.
Is there a way to get the Qt5Wekit.dll and its debug version for VS 2013?
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

wmayer wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:22 pm Is there a way to get the Qt5Wekit.dll and its debug version for VS 2013?
I can't find a way, even with VS2015. maybe there is C++14, or unsupported C++11 stuff?
"fight the good fight"
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

Regarding debug versions: I will try to create debug builds once the move to gcc7/py37 was finished for all FreeCAD-related conda-packages. I guess this also includes the move to qt5.12 which should happen in the end of 2018. But I am still not sure which packages to rebuild in debug mode (all?).

There is now a new win-build of freecad on freecad/label/dev . I will try to run the ci's once a week on sundays.
7ofNine

Post by 7ofNine »

Debug builds would be nice but you could cheat a little bit and make it easier to debug by building "Release with debug info". It should build the same way as a release build but it would also create the *.pdb files. Something that is not ideal but would already help a lot :)
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

7ofNine wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:31 pm Debug builds would be nice but you could cheat a little bit and make it easier to debug by building "Release with debug info". It should build the same way as a release build but it would also create the *.pdb files. Something that is not ideal but would already help a lot :)
So this means builds with debug info should work with the rest of the currently available builds? If this is true we could add debug-builds one by one.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

7ofNine wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:31 pm Debug builds would be nice but you could cheat a little bit and make it easier to debug by building "Release with debug info". It should build the same way as a release build but it would also create the *.pdb files. Something that is not ideal but would already help a lot :)
Do you talk about FreeCAD itself now or the 3rd party library it uses?