ana(conda) windows packaging

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
zbigg

Re: ana(conda) windows packaging

Post by zbigg »

Yes, you cant confirm because you got all on C drive, I ll check it out.
cheers,
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

UR_ wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:52 pm - cmake's location isn't included to system path (checkbox wasn't checked while installing :( )
You can add this manually. I don't think you can get the version info in "About FreeCAD" when compiling otherwise.
UR_ wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:52 pm Yes, icons are lost. Didn't noticed this at first look.
I suspect this is a QTWebkit issue, but I have not investigated yet.
UR_ wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:52 pm- py3 stuff
This is my main motivation, to make these builds work.
In this case it looks like part-o-magic is using old Py2 print statements instead of new PY2/PY3 compatible print statements. You can search this in the forum or on google to find the solution, or open an issue on DeepSOIC's repo https://github.com/DeepSOIC/Part-o-magic
As an aside, DeepSOIC's infrastructure around his add-ons is awesome.
UR_ wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:52 pm All in all good work! Thank you!
Thank you for testing! I must mention again that this would not be possible without @looo's Conda work.
If you have the time and can occasionally test the portable builds that would be a great help. My goal is to use them as the basis of the 0.18 release. If you are regularly compiling yourself you will be a great resource to trouble shoot packaging errors.
"fight the good fight"
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

sgrogan wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:41 pm Thank you for testing! I must mention again that this would not be possible without @looo's Conda work.
If you have the time and can occasionally test the portable builds that would be a great help. My goal is to use them as the basis of the 0.18 release. If you are regularly compiling yourself you will be a great resource to trouble shoot packaging errors.
Does this mean that the conda version of the release page is self working? or is (ana)conda needed?
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

zbigg wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:13 pm Yes, you cant confirm because you got all on C drive, I ll check it out.
Perhaps this line in the .bat file is the problem

Code: Select all

set ENV_PREFIX=%userprofile%\Miniconda3\envs\freecad_py3
You could replace %userprofile% with the correct hardcoded path,or better yet find the env variable that points to the Minconda installation?
zbigg wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:30 am Would be really great if we could structure and simplify dep and prebuilt process/settings.
Yes! This is my point above to extend BUILD_WITH_CONDA. I/We need to understand the requirements/limitations first. One example would be; "What if Conda is installed in a non-default location"

BTW: Are you using VS2015 or VS2017? If the latter what toolset? We can handle this with cmake as well once we work out the kinks.
"fight the good fight"
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

UR_ wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:52 pm But just some drawbacks:
- lots of warnings (472!!) while compiling
Many ae due to this;

Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
Warning	C4005	'HAVE_INT8_T': macro redefinition	FreeCADGui	C:\Users\Chris\Miniconda3\envs\freecad_py3\Library\include\Inventor\system\inttypes.h	90	
Warning	C4005	'HAVE_UINT8_T': macro redefinition	FreeCADGui	C:\Users\Chris\Miniconda3\envs\freecad_py3\Library\include\Inventor\system\inttypes.h	91	
Warning	C4005	'HAVE_INT16_T': macro redefinition	FreeCADGui	C:\Users\Chris\Miniconda3\envs\freecad_py3\Library\include\Inventor\system\inttypes.h	92	
Warning	C4005	'HAVE_UINT16_T': macro redefinition	FreeCADGui	C:\Users\Chris\Miniconda3\envs\freecad_py3\Library\include\Inventor\system\inttypes.h	93	
Warning	C4005	'HAVE_INT32_T': macro redefinition	FreeCADGui	C:\Users\Chris\Miniconda3\envs\freecad_py3\Library\include\Inventor\system\inttypes.h	94	
Warning	C4005	'HAVE_UINT32_T': macro redefinition	FreeCADGui	C:\Users\Chris\Miniconda3\envs\freecad_py3\Library\include\Inventor\system\inttypes.h	95	
"fight the good fight"
UR_
Veteran

Post by UR_ »

Jee-Bee wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:52 pm or is (ana)conda needed?
I've unpacked this: FreeCAD_0.18.14315_Conda_Py3Qt5-WinVS2015_x64.7z
to
"C:\Program Files\FreeCAD-PY36-QT5\"

and it works as expected.

On the other hand, self builded version needs conda environment, ATM.
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

would it be possible to have OCC7.3 in conda windows build?
(FreeCAD_0.18.14315_Conda_Py3Qt5-WinVS2015_x64.7z has OCC7.2)
zbigg

Post by zbigg »

1st: Yes, I hardcoded proper path /D drive in my case/ in cmake_conda BUT after succsesfull building I still get FC looking for the modules in path as I hardcoded previously BUT ON 'C' DRIVE INSTEAD/rest of the path is ok/. Think I read somewhere conda does not like to be splitted between different locations but why it replaces drive letter?...,Nevertheless I changed Miniconda installation back to 'C' drive-problem with not found modules disappeared /My 'C' is SSD and I don want to pack it up quickly, its only 240 Gigs/.

2nd: I have MSVC 2017 /15.8.0, SDK10.0.17134.0 and 8.1/,2015 tools also, x64 Win10, I make also builds on Linux Mint x64 v.19 but-since its much easier there-I stay with Win for now-harder way, more challenge. :)
And I changed generator description for cmake to: MSVC 15 - 2017.

3rd: I would like to experiment with eg newer boost/eg cmake does not want to take hardcoded BOOST_ROOT for 1.67 but its maybe still neverlasting problem with cmake&boost/, Qt 5.11.1 etc but cant get through with present preprocessing deps setup..

4th: Is 'qt.conf' the only place for calling QT in freecad_py3 env? I mean: if I redefine there is it enough to try with other than 5.6 version of QT libs?
cheers,
UR_
Veteran

Post by UR_ »

easyw-fc wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:44 pm would it be possible to have OCC7.3 in conda windows build?
Just did a test:

conda activate freecad_py3
conda upgrade occt
after compiling getting this:
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.14340 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 5ee9e119312898cabb1d2b1d942718fca4a6e1a9
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)

There are 5 linker errors, but self tests are running fine. Only some FEM tests failed.
But hadn't a closer look ;) , so be aware
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

would it be possible to have OCC7.3 in conda windows build?
Conda-forge freecad uses occt 7.3 for quite some time... There is simple a problem that the dependency solver prefers occt7.2 on windows...