ana(conda) windows packaging

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Re: ana(conda) windows packaging

Post by triplus »

looo wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:07 pm It's because we are not using git anymore to download the source. Instead we download a tar.gz file which include the source from a specified commit. All specified in the meta.yaml...

Is it possible to set the freecad-version manually?
triplus wrote:
Edit: currently used commit: https://github.com/conda-forge/freecad- ... /meta.yaml
Still wondering on why couldn't git be used directly again? And do everything in an automated way on Circle CI. Compared to now doing everything manually?

P.S. Extracting version information would just be an additional bonus.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

For conda-forge a release or a source from a specific commit is necessary. I guess this is to due security issues. For the FreeCAD-channel we could setup a recipe to use git directly. This involves changing the freecad-feedstock a bit. I still haven't got the motivation to do that...
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

But you could still create such source tarball directly using git? You don't necessarily have to download it from GitHub? You can clone the repo and create it yourself? Can you invoke the cmake command manually just to create the version.h file? And after i guess to use it and apply it as a patch?

P.S. Or i guess for now (as you manually tackle everything) in meta.yaml file to just in addition provide the version.h file under the source patches section? And to update it accordingly each time you update meta.yaml file?
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

I have no experience with the version.h file. I think it should be possible to use the commit-hash from the build files. But I have no idea how to create the Version.h file. Is there any example how this file must look after rendering it?
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

looo wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:27 am But I have no idea how to create the Version.h file. Is there any example how this file must look after rendering it?
https://git.launchpad.net/~freecad-main ... /Version.h
"fight the good fight"
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

thanks, I guess I will need this for the next release for conda-forge. Or is the version.h already filled for the source of a FreeCAD-release?
triplus wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:43 amStill wondering on why couldn't git be used directly again? And do everything in an automated way on Circle CI. Compared to now doing everything manually?
Ok I somehow managed to upload packages from circle-ci to the freecad-channel (osx and linux) for now. This means that I am able to use git directly and the version.h should be correctly setup (hopefully). Originally I only wanted to see the error report generated by circle-ci, but somehow all the token-stuff was setup in a right way from a previous attempt. So I am still confused how this could work out of the box.
https://anaconda.org/freecad/freecad/files

@sgrogan:
I could try to setup the same for windows, but I am not sure if it makes much sense to do so, as you do the builds manually.

HOWTO change the upload channel (reminder for myself):
- changing the channels in ci_support/[linux_.yaml, win_.yaml, osx_.yaml]
- using label dev instead of main to make sure user can select explicitly which build to install (in case both channels are in the config)
- these changes will be removed by rerendering the feedstock, so better to avoid rerendering and rebase on rerendered conda-forge-feedstock.
Last edited by looo on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

looo wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:41 am @sgrogan:
I could try to setup the same for windows, but I am not sure if it makes much sense to do so, as you do the builds manually.
Don't worry about Win for now, we still need to do the repackaging to make the builds portable outside the conda environment, I'll handle that.
"fight the good fight"
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

I tried it anyway but it didn't succeed because of time limitations of appveyor. It works for conda-forge because they have some extended time-limits (I think 2h).
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

finally also gmsh is coming to conda-forge:
https://github.com/conda-forge/staged-recipes/pull/6645
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

great!! thanks