ana(conda) windows packaging

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
looo
Veteran

Re: ana(conda) windows packaging

Post by looo »

triplus wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:30 pm This observation was more targeted against other binaries where NumPy doesn't use MKL or OpenBLAS.
Good to know there is also numpy without blas.
triplus wrote:P.S. As for the TBB. I guess each packaging solution has its quirks!
absolutely! The initial conda-build was very easy to understand but with time new features were implemented, and things are getting more difficult with every upgrade (splitting packages, different compilers, run-exports, pinning, ...)
UR_
Veteran

Post by UR_ »

looo wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:45 am Good to know there is also numpy without (open)blas.
Please note incredible loss of performance :o
http://markus-beuckelmann.de/blog/boost ... -blas.html
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

looo wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:45 am absolutely! The initial conda-build was very easy to understand but with time new features were implemented, and things are getting more difficult with every upgrade (splitting packages, different compilers, run-exports, pinning, ...)
And i guess FreeCAD not being a standalone lightweight C library. That makes slight difference. ;)
UR_ wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:52 pm Please note incredible loss of performance :o

Measurable gain of performance (in i guess some special use cases). Fingers crossed we detect some of that in the future. Maybe Python based assembly solver using NumPy is where the difference in performance might end up being measurable. Anyway enough about that for now. In Conda based AppImage NumPy uses OpenBLAS and therefore for sure end users will notice the difference if it will be there.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Note that native File dialog on Linux (enabled for Conda builds) has some pros but it has some cons too:

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 17#p270117
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

Do you know how to disable native file dialog? The filesave behaviour is something I never liked for the conda-linux-builds... But the colordialog is great as it has this pipette :-)
UR_
Veteran

Post by UR_ »

looo wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:17 am how to disable native file dialog?
CMake 3.13.0-rc2 - C__Users_aio_Miniconda3_envs_freecad_py3_Library-000110.png
CMake 3.13.0-rc2 - C__Users_aio_Miniconda3_envs_freecad_py3_Library-000110.png (4.94 KiB) Viewed 1639 times
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

I have seen in some other threads, that you have been pushing the macOS Conda packaging further. This option might be worth a try:

https://dschreij.github.io/how-to/packa ... ts-as-apps

That is to try and copy macOS FreeCAD Conda environment in .DMG file/folder, and to see how that goes. As for exports and things like that. Likely similar to AppImage. Anyway, if something like this would work, it could prove to be useful (as additional distribution channel).
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

Yes, I will look into this. But having access to a Mac is important to get it done....