ana(conda) windows packaging

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
looo
Veteran

Re: ana(conda) windows packaging

Post by looo »

calculix for windows seems to be a bit more difficult. There are still missing the dependencies arpack and spooles. Spooles needs to be packaged for all systems, arpack is already for linux and osx but has problems for windows: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/conda-f ... uild/1.0.4 seems to be some fortran-flang problems...

For the new builds from freecad-channel:
They now have the label dev and have to be installed with:

Code: Select all

conda install freecad -c freecad/label/dev
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

looo wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:50 am They now have the label dev and have to be installed with:

I still need to force occt7.3 on win

conda create --name freecad-dev2 python=3.6 occt=7.3 freecad -c freecad/label/dev
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.Unknown
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)

But I thought this totally failed on win??
Do you have a link to the timed out AppVeyor build log, I wonder how close it got?
I also wonder, can you use the source tarball from the PPA? We already inject the version info?
Don't waste time trying this stuff, I'm just thinking out loud.
"fight the good fight"
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

sgrogan wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:48 pm
looo wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:50 am They now have the label dev and have to be installed with:

I still need to force occt7.3 on win

conda create --name freecad-dev2 python=3.6 occt=7.3 freecad -c freecad/label/dev
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.Unknown
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)

But I thought this totally failed on win??
Do you have a link to the timed out AppVeyor build log, I wonder how close it got?
I also wonder, can you use the source tarball from the PPA? We already inject the version info?
Don't waste time trying this stuff, I'm just thinking out loud.
Sry, there is no windows package on the freecad-channel. Maybe the pulled build is from conda-forge... you can see with "conda list freecad".

[2589/3065] Generating moc_TaskDressUpParameters.cpp
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/looooo/ ... tock-kujjo

I think using the source-tarball should wor, but I am not sure.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

looo wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:11 pm Sry, there is no windows package on the freecad-channel. Maybe the pulled build is from conda-forge... you can see with "conda list freecad".
Thanks that explains it.

(freecad-dev2) C:\Users\Chris>conda list freecad
# packages in environment at C:\Users\Chris\Miniconda3\envs\freecad-dev2:
#
# Name                    Version                   Build  Channel
freecad                   0.18b0           py36ha567227_4    conda-forge
looo wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:11 pm https://ci.appveyor.com/project/looooo/ ... tock-kujjo
Thanks this is very enlightening. Right now it take FreeCAD master just about 1 hr on AppVeyor. ie https://ci.appveyor.com/project/yorikva ... d/1.0.5667 From the log it looks like it takes abut 13m to setup the conda environment, that's enough to make a difference.

We need to learn ccache on AppVeyor. @saso can you weigh in?
"fight the good fight"
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

easyw-fc wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:12 am You may have a look at:
https://github.com/easyw/ccx_prool
https://github.com/ddfem/ccx_mingw64
I don't have any experience with mingw and conda-build, allthough I read about others using this toolchain. I guess the simple way is to wait for flang to get more major and use this toolchain (vs/flang) once this is working.

OT (related to unix):
I made a PR for spooles: https://github.com/conda-forge/staged-recipes/pull/6661
But locally I still get some undefined references using external spooles and arpack:

ccx_2.14_MT.a(spooles.o): In function `factor':
spooles.c:(.text+0x3f): undefined reference to `DVfill'
spooles.c:(.text+0x50): undefined reference to `Graph_new'
spooles.c:(.text+0x5b): undefined reference to `InpMtx_fullAdjacency'
spooles.c:(.text+0x68): undefined reference to `IVL_tsize'
sgrogan wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:33 pm Thanks this is very enlightening. Right now it take FreeCAD master just about 1 hr on AppVeyor. ie https://ci.appveyor.com/project/yorikva ... d/1.0.5667 From the log it looks like it takes abut 13m to setup the conda environment, that's enough to make a difference.

We need to learn ccache on AppVeyor. @saso can you weigh in?
this would definetly help, but also increase the complexity... I will ask for some additional minutes for this appveyor-project.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

I asked for a little bit more build time and got 90 mins. Currently I am rebuilding... We will see tomorrow if it worked.
Love and peace to everyone, good night.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

looo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:32 pm I asked for a little bit more build time and got 90 mins. Currently I am rebuilding... We will see tomorrow if it worked.
Love and peace to everyone, good night.
Peace, Love, Happiness
Sorry, couldn't strip the ad.

@looo, do you know any references for msys2 w/conda? I ask because it looks like it is needed for QTWebKit 5.6 (there is a conda package but only for OSX), which I think would fix the Start WB.
"fight the good fight"
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

still failing (git clone needs more time than downloading an archive...) So I asked again for more time, but I think we could also use the tarball from daily-builds, allthough I am not sure if the patches can be applied to this source...)
sgrogan wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:17 pm @looo, do you know any references for msys2 w/conda? I ask because it looks like it is needed for QTWebKit 5.6 (there is a conda package but only for OSX), which I think would fix the Start WB.
No, sry. This was only gitter conversation.
So qtwebkit needs msys2 to be installed? I don't understand this relationship. As far as I know qtwebkit is included in the qt-package for win and linux. Only osx has a sepperated qtwebkit. I don't see any hints for msys2 here.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

No, sry. This was only gitter conversation.
So qtwebkit needs msys2 to be installed? I don't understand this relationship. As far as I know qtwebkit is included in the qt-package for win and linux. Only osx has a sepperated qtwebkit. I don't see any hints for msys2 here.
We should try to use QtWebEngine as an alternative since QtWebkit is not part of the official Qt source tarball but in a separate git repo. In a branch on github I worked on the port but it doesn't work stable ATM. Unfortunately, I could not use a debug Qt version as I never succeeded in creating the debug dll of QtWebEngine -- it also stopped at linking time.

If we could use QtWebEngine alternatively this would also simplify life for macOS on travis.