Has anyone installed all of the add on features and made it available for uploading / downloading

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kisolre
Veteran

Re: Has anyone installed all of the add on features and made it available for uploading / downloading

Post by kisolre »

TheMarkster wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:14 am Did you try deactivating some and see if that made a difference?
The posts that don't get attention go under pretty fast. Such is my post about that issue which is already on page 5 here.
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37845
As described there adding extra addons crashes FreeCAD on the next start. Without specefic combination of addons. You add something, it crashes, you remove something else - it works again. I cant disable them after the crash and had not tried disabling(not removing) the last installed after successfull start and installing the removed one again.
triplus wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:45 pm Last time i tried failure rate for installed modules was around 10%:
By "failure rate" I suppose you mean modules not loading because of error and not FreeCAD crashing? Which version were you ysing at the time? Had you tried with latest dev one?
triplus
Veteran

Re: Has anyone installed all of the add on features and made it available for uploading / downloading

Post by triplus »

kisolre wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:44 am By "failure rate" I suppose you mean modules not loading because of error and not FreeCAD crashing? Which version were you ysing at the time? Had you tried with latest dev one?
If i remember correctly both. That is due to causing errors on FreeCAD start, hence module not starting, or crashes. At that time i tried latest available versions of modules. The list of modules causing issues was including a lot of modules not under active development anymore.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

I've installed a bunch of updates. Yikes, this is hard to understand. Lots of output to the console. I guess it would be good for workbenches and addons that output text to the console prepend the name of their workbench/addon to it so it's easy to differentiate where the debug info is coming from
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
quotelawrence

Post by quotelawrence »

thanks i will try deactivating as I do not use 75% of FreeCad
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

quotelawrence wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:45 pm thanks i will try deactivating as I do not use 75% of FreeCad
Feel free to report bugs that you encounter to potentially make FreeCAD as bug free and enjoyable to user. testers are just as important as developers.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs