Has anyone installed all of the add on features and made it available for uploading / downloading

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
quotelawrence

Has anyone installed all of the add on features and made it available for uploading / downloading

Post by quotelawrence »

I am not a programming wiz kid, I have some knowledge enough to get me in trouble so when I use Solidworks and feel so comfortable and at ease I am curious why no one has a full version of Freecad available that someone can just upload and start using there are features in Freecad that are so confusing it is more work than it is worth I am attempting to get a full version of solidwork and get rid of this hindrance ;)
NormandC
Veteran

Re: Has anyone installed all of the add on features and made it available for uploading / downloading

Post by NormandC »

Punctuation. Ever heard of it?

quotelawrence wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:35 am it is more work than it is worth I am attempting to get a full version of solidwork and get rid of this hindrance ;)
So why go to the trouble of answering your poorly written question if you're going to get a cracked license of SolidWorks anyway?

It would be a waste of our time.

So long! Image
quotelawrence

Re: Has anyone installed all of the add on features and made it available for uploading / downloading

Post by quotelawrence »

sounds as if you are just wasting your time answering a miserable comment to a well written question is there a full version available or do people that only have sarcasm on the internet answer questions with miserable answers :D
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

Well, I have some time to waste.... Honestly quotelawrence, you can't ask a question like that and expect helpful answers. What version of FreeCAD did you download and from where? What made you think you don't have a "full" version? Is there some specific "add-on" you are looking for?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

quotelawrence wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:22 am sounds as if you are just wasting your time answering a miserable comment to a well written question is there a full version available or do people that only have sarcasm on the internet answer questions with miserable answers :D
Don't stop saving points and dots only:
idon'tknowmuchaboutpeoplethatonlyhavesarcasmbutI'msureNormandCdoesnotbelongtothemhavealookathispostswhereyoucanseethatheisoneofthemosthelpfulpeoplehere.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Hi @quotelawrence.

Yes it is possible. Basically all FreeCAD modules/macros/themes ... can be downloaded and used freely. In addition FreeCAD is by default packed with a lot of useful functionality.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Also see appimages
i commend the FC community for still reaching out and answering this thread.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
quotelawrence

Post by quotelawrence »

yes I also enjoy the answers, though if there are no punctuation points your sarcastically ridiculed, and if the gang of web bullies, try to be helpful they can be, but why they enjoy there circle of nice friends and they are not that friendly to actually answer the question. it is actually an era where people are not helpful they just sit behind a monitor and criticize others grammar. :)
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Don't expect a welcoming party to greet you well if you decide to take a dump at someone's front door.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

I decided to waste some of my time and answer too. From the title of your post:
Has anyone installed all of the add on features
To answer I'll guess "probably not", because FreeCAD add-ons are diverse in function and I doubt that anyone would actually use all of them at once.

and made it available for uploading / downloading
To my knowledge they are not available in one all-inclusive mega-file. Information on installing add-ons is here:
https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.p ... Installing
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-addons
but you are welcome to create and make available a mega-file of all the FreeCAD add-ons if you like.

quotelawrence wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:35 am I am curious why no one has a full version of Freecad available that someone can just upload and start using
Full versions of FreeCAD are readily available. Information on how to download them is here:
https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Download
But if you are instead referring to FreeCAD plus all the third-party add-ons, by definition those add-ons are actually add-ons and as such they are not included in the FreeCAD master code.

quotelawrence wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:22 am comment to a well written question
:lol: (I thought that was humorous)