Has anyone installed all of the add on features and made it available for uploading / downloading

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
kisolre

Re: Has anyone installed all of the add on features and made it available for uploading / downloading

Postby kisolre » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:44 am

TheMarkster wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:14 am
Did you try deactivating some and see if that made a difference?
The posts that don't get attention go under pretty fast. Such is my post about that issue which is already on page 5 here.
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37845
As described there adding extra addons crashes FreeCAD on the next start. Without specefic combination of addons. You add something, it crashes, you remove something else - it works again. I cant disable them after the crash and had not tried disabling(not removing) the last installed after successfull start and installing the removed one again.
triplus wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:45 pm
Last time i tried failure rate for installed modules was around 10%:
By "failure rate" I suppose you mean modules not loading because of error and not FreeCAD crashing? Which version were you ysing at the time? Had you tried with latest dev one?
triplus

Re: Has anyone installed all of the add on features and made it available for uploading / downloading

Postby triplus » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:24 pm

kisolre wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:44 am
By "failure rate" I suppose you mean modules not loading because of error and not FreeCAD crashing? Which version were you ysing at the time? Had you tried with latest dev one?
If i remember correctly both. That is due to causing errors on FreeCAD start, hence module not starting, or crashes. At that time i tried latest available versions of modules. The list of modules causing issues was including a lot of modules not under active development anymore.
Kunda1

Postby Kunda1 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:02 pm

I've installed a bunch of updates. Yikes, this is hard to understand. Lots of output to the console. I guess it would be good for workbenches and addons that output text to the console prepend the name of their workbench/addon to it so it's easy to differentiate where the debug info is coming from
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features