LibreOffice with Python 3.5

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
salp

LibreOffice with Python 3.5

Post by salp »

Kunda1,

edit:
I just noticed you are running Python v2.7.6, this code will not work (you need to compile FreeCAD with Python 3.5).
Earlier in this post I listed all the depnedencies and cMake edits required to compile on Python 3.5.

Skip the rest of this post if freecad is not compiled with Python 3.5

I went back and found the following in my notes:

Code: Select all

python version 3.3 minimum
freecad 0.17 compiled with Python3
LibreOffice version 5.1.6.2 10m0(Build:2)
         The pyuno package is bundled with LibreOffice and located in "/usr/lib/libreoffice/program"

# Install python packages
         sudo apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-script-provider-python
         sudo apt-get install python-pip

# Install python modules
         sudo pip install unotools
It took me a long time to figure out all the dependencies, see if you're missing any of these dependencies and let me know if it works.

Sal
Last edited by salp on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
salp

Re: Compile with Python 3.5

Post by salp »

I tried to change the subject, I dont think I'm doing it right. :mrgreen:
jmaustpc
Veteran

Re: Compile with Python 3.5

Post by jmaustpc »

salp wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:48 pm I tried to change the subject, I dont think I'm doing it right. :mrgreen:
Hi Sal
The trick is to edit the first post, when in edit mode you can then edit its topic title. You can edit your own posts but others have to be a moderator to be able to do so.

I fixed it for you.
Jim
salp

Re: LibreOffice with Python 3.5

Post by salp »

thanks.
silopolis

Post by silopolis »

Hi
salp wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:05 amthanks.
Any news about this ?

Bests
salp

Post by salp »

I have not done any more.
While I think that integrating LibreOffice freecad would be very beneficial, unfortunately I don't have the programming skill set to pursue this.

One of the big stumbling blocks for me is not being able to use an IDE such Eclipse.

Sal
silopolis

Post by silopolis »

salp wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:47 am I have not done any more.
While I think that integrating LibreOffice freecad would be very beneficial, unfortunately I don't have the programming skill set to pursue this.

One of the big stumbling blocks for me is not being able to use an IDE such Eclipse.
Sad news, but the lack of dev skills is a pain for me too so I even more sadly understand...

On the IDE front, can't QtCreator be used ?
I'll continue pushing this one until a Jedi comes by... or that the Force reveals to me, why not ?! ;-)

Anyway, thanks for seeding this work
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

silopolis wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:43 am
salp wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:47 am I have not done any more.

Sad news, but the lack of dev skills is a pain for me too so I even more sadly understand...

On the IDE front, can't QtCreator be used ?
I'll continue pushing this one until a Jedi comes by... or that the Force reveals to me, why not ?! ;-)

Anyway, thanks for seeding this work
Yes, QtCreator is a good cross-platform IDE for this project, and one day I'd like to have better instructions in the wiki for newcomers to set up a build environment in QtCreator for this very reason.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
silopolis

Post by silopolis »

kkremitzki wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:20 am [...] one day I'd like to have better instructions in the wiki for newcomers to set up a build environment in QtCreator...
That'd be great indeed !
salp

Post by salp »

At the very minimum being able to configure any IDE so that you can browse the objects would be a major step forward.

I have read the posts that explain why you cant run FreeCAD inside an IDE, my needs are much simpler. I would love to be able to import/include a FreeCAD module and then browse the objects in it. I only have experience (very limited at that) with Eclipse and the Python plug in, and sometimes it will list the objects and sometimes it wont.

I understand that some modules are written in C++ and others are written in Python, and that I can list all the objects from inside the FreeCAD Python panel using the command line but I'm not that skilled and really don't have the time/capability :) available to learn how to do that so I rely on the IDE to do most of the heavy lifting.

Anyway I will continue to keep an eye on this topic as I am interested in the outcome.

Thanks
Sal