Windows Libpack MSVC2015 (VC14)

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mrlukeparry

Windows Libpack MSVC2015 (VC14)

Post by mrlukeparry »

Hi,

Is there are Libpack available for MSVC215 (VC14) x64 that someone has already prepared for FreeCAD?

I have tried searching, but only found up to VC12, and it'd probably easier for someone who is already familiar knowing if this is available.

Many Thanks,
Luke
mrlukeparry

Re: Windows Libpack MSVC2015 (VC14)

Post by mrlukeparry »

I assume that officially VC14 libpack does not exist. Having a further look on the forum, I don't want to be relying on Conda for development, because I find the dependencies frustrating to deal with.

Again, I can spend time creating a libpack, but I would sooner not re-invent the wheel. Did anyone create a packaging script for building the libpack dependencies or is this still a manual process?

Can anyone advise which is the most recent libpack that has (Python3, Qt5) which I can start with.

Thanks,
Luke
sgrogan
Veteran

Re: Windows Libpack MSVC2015 (VC14)

Post by sgrogan »

Hello Luke,

Sorry for the delay in responding.
mrlukeparry wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:34 am Can anyone advise which is the most recent libpack that has (Python3, Qt5) which I can start with.
Beyond Conda there is nothing for PY3/QT5. And even with Conda there are no debug builds of the Libs.
As far as scipting Peterl94 has this work https://github.com/peterlama/clbundler- ... reecad/win, but this was PY2/QT4 and older versions of VS.
"fight the good fight"