FreeCAD for MacOS now more than 100 commits behind

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sgrogan
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD for MacOS now more than 100 commits behind

Post by sgrogan »

chrisb wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:53 pm I'm a bit late because download failed yesterday for some unknown reason. Now I have reinstalled and it's the same version as before:
Thanks for testing. I'm not sure how th fix the release build.
I do have an idea to try for the 0.18 builds. I think we should be able to update the reference commit in https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... ubWCRev.py I need to think of a way to test before a pull request.
"fight the good fight"
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

That's it! Thanks for pointing that out, sgrogan. So the issue is the reference commit is now more than 5000 commits ago (the clone depth set in travis.yml). We just need to pick a reference commit that is not newer than the tip of the 0.17 branch (~900 commits ago), than we can have the fix merged into the release branch and everything will have the correct count again.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks for digging this out!
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

peterl94 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:35 am than we can have the fix merged into the release branch and everything will have the correct count again.
I think there is an additional build failure on the release branch.
Do you want me to try to update the reference commit? I'd use this one git commit e5f42798cd06d10c5bb3e944b377ef2b2bf1a3f1
I'd need to verify the version.
"fight the good fight"
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

Ah sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I see the commit depth wouldn't be an issue for the 0.17 branch anyway. You could even update the reference commit to the current head of master.

Unfortunately, brew update is run for every build (I'm tempted to remove this), so it is impossible to create a historical build on travis with the original libraries. Since I see 0.17 can't be built with pyside 5.11, I'll have to create the build on my machine.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

peterl94 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:47 pm Ah sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I see the commit depth wouldn't be an issue for the 0.17 branch anyway. You could even update the reference commit to the current head of master.

Unfortunately, brew update is run for every build (I'm tempted to remove this), so it is impossible to create a historical build on travis with the original libraries. Since I see 0.17 can't be built with pyside 5.11, I'll have to create the build on my machine.
OK, now everything make sense.
I'll make a pull request (hopefully tomorrow) to update the ref commit to the tip of 0.17.
I'll leave it to you for the 0.17 OSX backport (I haven't done the Win one yet, so IDWID).
"fight the good fight"
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Download and short test show no further issues. Thanks!
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

The version number of 0.18 is still not updated while the git hash points to the most current. It has not much functional meaning but I am very reluctant in adding my FreeCAD info somewhere :? .
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »