I have got a new(2nd hand) Dell PowerEdge 320 (https://www.dell.com/gd/business/p/poweredge-t320/pd) server. I want to is as a kind of FEM server with possebility to use it as external desktop.
So i want to stay at close to it's original configuration.
The current supported OS are:
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, x64 (includes Hyper-V®)
- Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
- Virtualization options:
- Citrix® XenServer®
- VMware® vSphere® ESXi ™
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization®
Have anybody experience with compiling fore these OSses for FreeCAD + OpenCascade + Calculix?
Acc to: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7510 It looks like the user is switcht first ... but later it looks like it is possible but the threat is from 2014 so it's a wile ago. So i hope anything is changed.
and Acc to: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?t=15245 i have no clue
If nobody have any experience I tried to contact Dell maybe they know something...