FreeCAD on macOS Mojave

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
drucken

Re: FreeCAD on macOS Mojave

Post by drucken »

I found a workaround for the mojave freeze on startup...

Remove FreeCAD.app from macOS Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > Accessibility menu item.

(And click Deny if prompted by macOS to grants FreeCAD access to "whatever it is called" that adds FreeCAD to that list in the first place)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Added this as another workaround to the known issues.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
csimon

Post by csimon »

May I suggest to add this workarounds to the Download/Installations instructions ?
pkoning2

Post by pkoning2 »

I was still seeing this issue on Mac OS 10.14.6 with FreeCAD 0.19-23964. It's really quite nasty because the whole machine freezes for a minute; only the mouse pointer still moves but all other system actions for every window stop.

It happens that I have a developer key, so I tried the codesign --force --deep -s - FreeCAD.app that was suggested earlier. It works nicely.
zardozer

Post by zardozer »

pkoning2 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:27 pm I was still seeing this issue on Mac OS 10.14.6 with FreeCAD 0.19-23964. It's really quite nasty because the whole machine freezes for a minute; only the mouse pointer still moves but all other system actions for every window stop.

It happens that I have a developer key, so I tried the codesign --force --deep -s - FreeCAD.app that was suggested earlier. It works nicely.
You can do this codesign command without a developer key, if anyone is reading this. However, this seems to only be a Mojave issue. If you update to Catalina or Big Sur, this codesign command is no longer needed.