Where exactly can I download LibPack?

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Wando

Where exactly can I download LibPack?

Post by Wando »

All those links at https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/CompileOnWindows that are supposed to take to the download page for LibPack do not get me there. So where exactly is it that I can download LibPack?
NormandC
Veteran

Re: Where exactly can I download LibPack?

Post by NormandC »

Hello Wando, welcome.

Maybe you could check out the second pinned topic at the top of the Install / Compile forum, subject "New libpacks for Windows with VTK and OCCT7 by sgrogan".

I'm not a Windows user so I can't say if it's up to date.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

Wando wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:51 am So where exactly is it that I can download LibPack?
The latest version can be found here: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-port ... /tag/v0.18
These Libpacks are only suitable for a release build at this time. I am working on upgrading OCCT to and getting the debug builds working again.
"fight the good fight"
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

sgrogan wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:37 pm https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-port ... /tag/v0.18
These Libpacks are only suitable for a release build at this time.
They are obviously for MSVC2013.
Are they Qt5/Py3? Or the good old Qt4/Py2 stuff?
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

DeepSOIC wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:03 pm Are they Qt5/Py3? Or the good old Qt4/Py2 stuff?
QT4/PY2.

I'm trying to make a QT5/PY3 VS2015 Libpack by stripping the stuff from a Conda env, but making portable has proven elusive.
"fight the good fight"
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

sgrogan wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:22 pm I'm trying to make a QT5/PY3 VS2015 Libpack by stripping the stuff from a Conda env, but making portable has proven elusive
:cry:
Then, this newer libpack is no better for me than one linked in the abovementioned sticky topic.
Fingers crossed, you (or someone else) manages to sort this out eventually. I'm not ready to step in, unfortunately.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

DeepSOIC wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:30 pm Then, this newer libpack is no better for me than one linked in the abovementioned sticky topic.
Fingers crossed, you (or someone else) manages to sort this out eventually. I'm not ready to step in, unfortunately.
What's most needed? I know debug builds of the libs, but what at a min is useful?
"fight the good fight"
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

I need Qt5 for fixing gesture navigation. Release is acceptable, but debug is more welcome of course.
Wando

Post by Wando »

sgrogan wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:37 pm
Wando wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:51 am So where exactly is it that I can download LibPack?
The latest version can be found here: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-port ... /tag/v0.18
These Libpacks are only suitable for a release build at this time. I am working on upgrading OCCT to and getting the debug builds working again.
Thanks for the reply. However, the download keeps failing after several MBs have downloaded. I have tried downloading on Firefox, Chrome and IDM but all fail to download. I think the problem is with the server where the files are hosted where it cuts the connection after a few minutes.
_Nemo

Post by _Nemo »

sgrogan wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:22 pm
DeepSOIC wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:03 pm Are they Qt5/Py3? Or the good old Qt4/Py2 stuff?
QT4/PY2.

I'm trying to make a QT5/PY3 VS2015 Libpack by stripping the stuff from a Conda env, but making portable has proven elusive.
Hi!
I want to build FreeCAD 0.18 with a QT5/PY3 Libpack.
Is it available now?