Freecad 0.18 Mac OS daily release

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
a179308

Freecad 0.18 Mac OS daily release

Post by a179308 »

Hello,
I hope that my question is not incongruous, but since a month, the daily release of Freecad for MacOS is blocked a release 14976 (windows is 15299). Is this normal?
Frederic
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Freecad 0.18 Mac OS daily release

Post by chrisb »

The development environment has changed. Hopefully the developer(s) can fix it before 0.18 comes out.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

chrisb wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:22 pm The development environment has changed.
As far as I know, the people who used to work on the macOS daily packaging no longer have time to dedicate to it. At least that's what I inferred from posts by the people involved.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

It would be nice to have a tester for the conda-builds of freecad. Builds are done weekly but no one is testing... No downloads since 1 month :( https://anaconda.org/freecad/freecad/files
leonardshelby

Post by leonardshelby »

Luckily that last .18 build works pretty smooth.

I've got xcode and homebrew but I can't get FreeCAD compiled from master yet. I'd like to help get this sorted but I wouldn't even know where to start and look for the right information.

@loo I've also tried running those conda builds, this is what I get from terminal:

Code: Select all

turbo$ ./FreeCAD
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libpython3.6m.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/turbo/Downloads/freecad-0.18b0-py36h0cd6dba_19/bin/./FreeCAD
  Reason: image not found
Abort trap: 6
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

Installing FreeCAD with conda is a bit different than standart installations. You have to install conda first. Best with miniconda:

https://conda.io/miniconda.html

I never done this on osx (as I do not have a mac) but I guess python3.7 64bit should work. Maybe using pkg-installer is the easier way.
Some instructions can also be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 5uOASEqn6Q

Once done you can create a freecad-environment from terminal. This is also done in the video for other libraries, but you get an idea of this step:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 6Q&t=3m20s

For FreeCAD do the following to create the conda environment:

conda create -n freecad freecad -c conda-forge -c freecad/label/dev
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

leonardshelby wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:45 pm I've got xcode and homebrew but I can't get FreeCAD compiled from master yet. I'd like to help get this sorted but I wouldn't even know where to start and look for the right information.
I'm afraid Peter is too busy right now, but there is light at the end of the tunnel: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 46#p265046
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
leonardshelby

Post by leonardshelby »

There is a new daily build for MacOS. It still has that freeze bug, though.

@chrisb: That's good to hear, thanks for the info.

@looo: I have FreeCAD working from condo. It seems to work fine so far. Is there anything I should test? It is not an app bundle, so I cannot test that freeze bug.

I've tested defeaturing as the condo build is on OCC 7.3.0. Works fine :)

Here's the info:
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.Unknown
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

@looo: I have FreeCAD working from condo. It seems to work fine so far. Is there anything I should test? It is not an app bundle, so I cannot test that freeze bug.
On a friends mac the startpage was not working, also toolbars were not restored. Is it working for you?
leonardshelby

Post by leonardshelby »

I thought I had deactivated the startpage, but I cannot find such an option. So yes, the startpage is not showing up (but also not on the mac builds on github).
There are two more bugs: I get a beachball when I click on preferences. After a while they pop up. Also the macos system menubar on top does not respond after launch. It works fine after focusing on another application and then back to freecad.

This conda stuff has messed around with my system's python :/ I can't work with my lasercutter anymore. Can you help me get this fixed?

turbos-MBP:~ turbo$ sudo python ./Google\ Drive/Bloom/Produktentwicklung/K40\ LASERCUTTER/K40_Whisperer-0.25_src/k40_whisperer.py 
Password:
Unable to load USB library (Sending data to Laser will not work.)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./Google Drive/Bloom/Produktentwicklung/K40 LASERCUTTER/K40_Whisperer-0.25_src/k40_whisperer.py", line 28, in <module>
    from svg_reader import SVG_READER
  File "/Users/turbo/Google Drive/Bloom/Produktentwicklung/K40 LASERCUTTER/K40_Whisperer-0.25_src/svg_reader.py", line 28, in <module>
    import inkex
  File "/Users/turbo/Google Drive/Bloom/Produktentwicklung/K40 LASERCUTTER/K40_Whisperer-0.25_src/inkex.py", line 35, in <module>
    from   lxml import etree
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'lxml'
turbos-MBP:~ turbo$ which python
/Users/turbo/miniconda3/bin/python
Edit: I have deleted miniconda, now I am able to work again.