Freecad 0.18 Mac OS daily release

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Brutha

Re: Freecad 0.18 Mac OS daily release

Post by Brutha »

chrisb wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:24 am Oops: Cannot switch to Draft workbench. Well can switch, but have no tools. This is the message in Report view, most of it as a yellow warning:
Yes, same for me, no Draft workbench!
leonardshelby

Post by leonardshelby »

looo wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:44 am

The important thing is to have the channels in the right order. The higher-priority channel must be listed first. Sorry for giving wrong instructions previously.

Another way is to activate the freecad env and update freecad:

Code: Select all

initConda  # assuming you activate the base-env with initConda
source activate freecad    # assuming your freecad-env is named "freecad"
conda update freecad -c freecad/label/dev -c conda-forge
Path works like a charm now, thanks!
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

What can I do to get this as well? Can you repackage a new FreeCAD version or do I have to install something? I tried already to install conda from homebrew but it is not available.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

@chrisb conda is a package-manager, and it's best to not mix it with system stuff. So think of it as a replacement of homebrew.
I think there is a way to install conda with pip, but the official way is to download download from https://conda.io/miniconda.html and use bash to install it.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Sorry for the dumb questions: So it's not really conda what I need, but rather python3? I wondered already what went wrong, because my - working - Ubuntu box shows in python console almost the same 2.7.12 version as the Mac with 2.7.15.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

chrisb wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:35 am Sorry for the dumb questions: So it's not really conda what I need, but rather python3? I wondered already what went wrong, because my - working - Ubuntu box shows in python console almost the same 2.7.12 version as the Mac with 2.7.15.
No. If you want to create an environment which contains python3 and freecad via conda you first need conda. So conda is the package-manager and python, freecad, .... are the packages that can be installed with conda.
miniconda is a minimal distribution containing a set of packages which allow to run conda. Conda depends on python because it is written in python ;) . That's why there are different miniconda-distributions available.

But as conda allows to create environments, you can create any version-mix. This means if you have installed miniconda3.7 you are still able to create an environment with freecad and py3.6. Same is true for miniconda2.7. But better use 3.7.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks for the explanations, I will give it a try tonight.
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

Im also experiencing this problems but they happen tainted I updated macOS to Mojave, so, if you are using High Sierra you may be running FreeCAD without any problem.
Dark and Light stylesheets v2.0 to theme your FreeCAD UI, more information here
danreb

Post by danreb »

Successfuly installed the last available dev freecad with miniconda.
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.15671 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 28cbe2bd8986701bb7404842cf60138957e23ed6
Python version: 3.6.7
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: French/France (fr_FR)

Code: Select all

# I installled miniconda 37
initConda
# I tried with python=3.7 but not working
conda create --name freecad_py36 python=3.6 freecad -c freecad/label/dev -c conda-forge

source activate freecad_py36

# for further daily updates
conda update freecad -c freecad/label/dev -c conda-forge

FreeCAD

It solves the following problem as well
Also the macos system menubar on top does not respond after launch. It works fine after focusing on another application and then back to freecad
I am testing further using the BIM workbench.

Thanks a lot for this "daily" port on Mac-OS

P.S.: is it continuous integration that provides the various packages under https://anaconda.org/freecad/freecad/files ? If not, who is maintaining this repo?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Can you upload this version to the official download site? We are stuch there at 0.18.15310.