fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pthread.h': No such file or directory

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
pranav_sondhi

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pthread.h': No such file or directory

Post by pranav_sondhi »

Hello,

I am new to FreeCAD.

I tried to compile FreeCAD on my system using cMake and VS 2017 Community. I am encountering an error repeatedly and have no idea why this is happening.

I am attaching the error log and output log.

Please do let me know regarding the best course of action there. I am using Windows 10 not Ubuntu.

Regards,
Pranav Sondhi
Attachments
CMakeOutput.log
(29.24 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
CMakeError.log
(3.1 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
reox

Re: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pthread.h': No such file or directory

Post by reox »

usually this error happens because something in the configure failed earlier.
cmake is just printing out everything and this error happens there.

Can you post the whole output of the cmake call? I can not see anything in the two log files.
sgrogan
Veteran

Re: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pthread.h': No such file or directory

Post by sgrogan »

pranav_sondhi wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:41 am I tried to compile FreeCAD on my system using cMake and VS 2017 Community.
What are you using for FreeCAD's dependencies, the available Libpacks work with VS2013 only.
"fight the good fight"
pranav_sondhi

Post by pranav_sondhi »

Hi sgrogan,

I am using VS2017 community. I do all my development with this itself, which is creating add-ons for Solid Works & AutoCAD. The SDK for both are made for VS2010 but work with VS2015 & VS2017 (my current platform). I was hoping for it to work with FreeCAD as well.

For this I was hoping if there could be any other reason for this to happen.

Regards
pranav_sondhi

Post by pranav_sondhi »

Hi reox,

Can you guide me to the location of the files you require.

I am new to this and am not sure where to find the same.

Thanks
reox

Post by reox »

just save the whole output (stderr + stdout) of cmake somewhere. Usually the problem is visible in the first few hundret lines where all packages are configured and search.
pranav_sondhi

Post by pranav_sondhi »

reox wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:10 pm just save the whole output (stderr + stdout) of cmake somewhere. Usually the problem is visible in the first few hundret lines where all packages are configured and search.

I just used my other workstation to do a clean install using VS2013. Now i am getting a different issue (attached cmake message box output). I also installed a new OpenCASCADE librarry (could fined it only for VS10).

I am getting an error "Could NOT find Doxygen (missing: DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE)".

I am not able to find the option "FREECAD_BUILD_DOXYGEN_DOCU" to disable (as per the wiki documentation).
Attachments
cmake output.txt
(4.22 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
alex_znd

Post by alex_znd »

I met the similar error, I found the error message – Cannot open include file: 'pthread.h' in CMakeError.log. I fix this error by the following. For some reason I found that the wrong value being given to the Environment Variable - FREECAD_LIBPACK_DIR (it’s the folder path of the FreeCAD source code). So I amend the value in the Environment Variable - FREECAD_LIBPACK_DIR to the correct Libpack DIR, and then I click the Configure in CMake GUI again and then the error is gone and fixed.
FreeCAD.png
FreeCAD.png (84.88 KiB) Viewed 2948 times