Building Libs for Windows Debug Version with VS2017/Qt5.12

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wmayer
Founder

Re: Building Libs for Windows Debug Version with VS2017/Qt5.12

Post by wmayer »

Can we therefore please put the LibPack-specific files directly to the FreeCAD GitHub?
Which files exactly are you talking about? Do you mean all the .h, .lib, .dll, .pdb, ... files?
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

wmayer wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:31 pm
Can we therefore please put the LibPack-specific files directly to the FreeCAD GitHub?
Which files exactly are you talking about? Do you mean all the .h, .lib, .dll, .pdb, ... files?
In my opinion only:
- all *.cmake files since the are specific to the LibPack and define in what folder one has to put in what 3rd-party files
- a base textfile describing the structure of the LibPack (where to find what and what to do if a 3rd-party component should be updated)
isaacamankwaa

Post by isaacamankwaa »

Some of us would love to know how the FreecadLibs are build from their sources especially the various patches that are applied to these sources. But until now is like this has been hidden from us for a long time. Please let us know.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

isaacamankwaa wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:38 pm Some of us would love to know how the FreecadLibs are build from their sources especially the various patches that are applied to these sources. But until now is like this has been hidden from us for a long time. Please let us know.
I think that even those who have created a Libpack would like to know ;)
As far as I know only 4 people have created a Libpack from scratch in the history of the project.
I've had mixed success updating or adding dependencies.

QT is hard and long to compile so I think you need to start with the official QT binaries (release and Debug) and then build up from there.
The structure of the Libpack is to run the install project of the dependent lib.

A recent discussion is here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34708

There is no cookbook. Download or build a library, add another, solve conflicts, rinse, wash, repeat.

I'd love to have a 32 bit Win Libpack, just with release libs. Maybe as a community we could try to reproduce apeltauer's 64 bit Libpack in 32 bit and learn. I've failed miserably trying myself.
"fight the good fight"
tran10

Post by tran10 »

I wonder if we have a libpacks work with Python 3.7?
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

tran10 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:12 pm I wonder if we have a libpacks work with Python 3.7?
As I wrote you in your other thread, we don't have and it is just a matter of time until Python 3.9 will be used ;) .
I also wrote you the possible solutions.